Rewind TV - Frozen picture

floatingshed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox v8
My Location
Nottingham, UK
I use an old Openbox v8 for my occasional satellite viewing. It performs perfectly on every FTA channel I watch with the exception of the new Rewind TV.
When I select the channel it plays jerky video for 1-10 seconds then freezes. The audio continues for maybe 10-15 seconds then stops.
Changing channels (and back) resets this sequence. A second Openbox behaves exactly the same.
A friend's Humax in non-freesat mode plays it perfectly (on my dish).
Does anyone have any ideas please?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Members of other forums have been commenting on the video problems Rewind are having. It will be something to do with the way the transmission parameters of the video part of the signal have been set up

You must remember at the moment the channel is only on test & the broadcasts are not meant for public viewing

FWIW Rewind TV plays perfectly on my old Technomate, but I have a similar problem with Turkmenistan Sport on 52E - the video lays at two thirds speed, then drops frames to catch up over & over again. Members here say it works fine on their other receivers.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
I use an old Openbox v8 for my occasional satellite viewing. It performs perfectly on every FTA channel I watch with the exception of the new Rewind TV.
When I select the channel it plays jerky video for 1-10 seconds then freezes. The audio continues for maybe 10-15 seconds then stops.
Changing channels (and back) resets this sequence. A second Openbox behaves exactly the same.
A friend's Humax in non-freesat mode plays it perfectly (on my dish).
Does anyone have any ideas please?

I get the same frozen picture on my Openbox V8S. The receiver also has issues with a few channels on 19.2°E and 13°E. With little chance of there ever being a firmware update, if the problem remains the only solution is to use a different receiver.

floatingshed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox v8
My Location
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for the info, shame if it is a problem with the Openbox, I know they are not very sophisticated but it has always been a reliable recorder.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I tried scanning it in, on my VU+ Duo 2, and instead of Rewind TV it's listed as 5023, or something like that, no doubt it will scan in properly. although it did play normally.

From the look of the internet information it seems to show old, 4:3, shows, most of which are of no interest, to me, except for Just Shoot Me, an old US comedy show, which no doubt will be censored, much like Steptoe and Son, as I viewed one episode, and kept noticing the sound just blanked out, just like an Only Fools and Horses episode, which I quickly discovered what was edited out, online, and was surprised it had to be edited, especially given it was an encrypted channel.

Getting back to the topic, do you have the option of changing the viewing options, to 4:3, and a lower image option, on the Openbox v8s?

floatingshed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox v8
My Location
Nottingham, UK
Although they are showing a lot of 4:3 material it is actually placed in a 16:9 frame.
Many channels, especially TPTV, show 4:3 the Openbox handles them seamlessly...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
What about the picture options, refresh rate, etc, can you manually alter any settings, in the Openbox v8s menu, to try different options?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I tried scanning it in, on my VU+ Duo 2, and instead of Rewind TV it's listed as 5023, or something like that, no doubt it will scan in properly. although it did play normally.

From the look of the internet information it seems to show old, 4:3, shows, most of which are of no interest, to me, except for Just Shoot Me, an old US comedy show, which no doubt will be censored, much like Steptoe and Son, as I viewed one episode, and kept noticing the sound just blanked out, just like an Only Fools and Horses episode, which I quickly discovered what was edited out, online, and was surprised it had to be edited, especially given it was an encrypted channel.

Getting back to the topic, do you have the option of changing the viewing options, to 4:3, and a lower image option, on the Openbox v8s?
Its labelled as 50327. It will get its proper epg name once it full launches - its currently testing prior to launch