12437 (Hotbird 13e) IRIB channels

zmaray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 3300 2CA
My Location
West Midlands, UK
Since last week, all of the channels on this TP (IRIB Quran, IRIB1 PER, IRIB2 PER, IRINN, ALALAM, ALKAWTHAR, PRESS TV, SAHAR, FEED, IRIB1 ENG, IRIB2 ENG) have been giving me lots of problems! I am receiving a constant 68% signal, but the quality keeps fluctuating from 5% (where it usually stays) up to the 30s, leaving me with a very pixellated picture and audio that keeps cutting in and out; not watchable at all!

I'm not having this problem on any of the other channels that I watch (Iranian and Afghan ones), nor on the channels on the two TP frequencies my receiver shows on either side of it (10853 and 12303), I get roughly 86-90% signal and 75-78% quality on other channels.

I hope someone has some ideas about what is going on! TIA

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum zmaray

Well I can only surmise one of three things, firstly

Your dish alignment is slightly out

Your cable is damaged or lnb is failing.

For the IRIB channels 12437, you are very close to the problem area with DECT phones which is

12480 to 12500 MHz (10600 MHz LO) IF is 1880 to 1900 MHz

Assuming you have one I would suggest you switch off the base station and then try the channels again.

zmaray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 3300 2CA
My Location
West Midlands, UK
Thanks for your reply Trooper!

I tried switching off the DECT phone base station but that didn't make any difference unfortunately. I don't think that it would be the cable or the lnb because I only got the satellite installed 3 weeks ago which seems to narrow it down to the dish alignment being slightly out. Could this have been caused by bad weather and strong winds? As I said I was receiving this channels fine until this past week. Is it normal for a slightly misaligned dish to only effect certain TP frequencies while leaving others unscathed?

What sort of instrument do I need to get to help me fine-tune the alignment of the dish?

Thanks again

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Maybe not so long shot ----- possible jamming for political reasons; plenty of problems with satellite TV from/in Iran atm even including BBC Persia!

Edited: see e.g. _http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/07/16/iran-to-prosecute-satellite-firms-and-employees/

zmaray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 3300 2CA
My Location
West Midlands, UK
bigtee said:
Maybe not so long shot ----- possible jamming for political reasons; plenty of problems with satellite TV from/in Iran atm even including BBC Persia!

Edited: see e.g. _http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/07/16/iran-to-prosecute-satellite-firms-and-employees/

I don't think that this is the case here, as all of the channels on this TP frequency appear to be run by the Iranian government. Thanks for the idea though!