2 LNB system help.

MechaMatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Media PC
My Location
Surrey
Hi everybody. I'm thinking about trying to use my flatmates 80cm dish to pick up English FTA HD channels. I will need some kind of bracket to put another LNB on as his is pointing at the Sirius satellite (Polish channels) and I need the Astra. Some questions;

1) I've read that a dual LNB setup will reduce signal quality? Marginally or drastically?

2) LNB advice please, price bracket is upto £80. For use in PC with WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 card if that helps. Yes my pc is fast enough.

3) Will the elevation angle of the dish (not mine remember) mess up my plan?

I looked at the Maplin mono-bloc LNB then realised that you couldn't watch both channels simultaneousley. Having nearly bought the kit I came here for advice!
If all the answers are favourable then all I've got to do is discretely hack down an intervening tree...
Thanks in advance.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, theres's no chance of it working I'm afraid. Sirius is at 4.8E, the channels you want are on 28E. They are too far apart. You will have to stick up your own dish if you want to get the English FTA channels form satellite.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
"Sirius" for Polish channels? Or maybe Hotbird or Astra 1? Sirius is more Russian/Ukranian/Baltic channels.

MechaMatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Media PC
My Location
Surrey
Thanks for the replies guys. Oh well, plan B is that the other flatmate has got Virgin cable. I'll ask him if he can do 'multi-room' and I'll contribute.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
bigtee has a point, are you sure the dish is pointed at Sirius?

Theres only 1 Polish FTA on Sirius, there a reasonable number on Hotbird.

An extra LNB on an 80cm dish set for Hotbird has a reasonable chance of working.