2 way KA-Band satellite internet. How does the satellite cope with 1000s of uplinks?

norm360

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S, TD88 Triax Dish + NH210 Motor
My Location
UK
I understand that the RX signal is multiplexed like TV services would be.

But how does the TX side of it work?

I'm guessing the modems are given a certain amount of bandwidth to TX on, so the more people that are using the service (concurrently) the less bandwidth that is available, to the point that if there were 1000s people connected at once you would get very slow uploads?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The amount of uploaded content is small compared to something like a GSM satellite with millions of continuous calls.

Rather than use bandwidth in frequency form, each of the packets is received, given a time slot and then sent on to the next stage of processing in sequence. Since the packets are processed at about a tenth of light speed, the delay is imperceptable compared to the time taken for the signal to travel across the link.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_division_multiple_access

habibtarkegn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Am using eurostar digital satellite receiver using arebsat nilesat and pas7/10
My Location
ethiopia
Hi guys am from ethiopia and I like to know how to get free internet using digital satellite receiver on my country I use eurobox 9700 gold + receiver to tun arebsat nilesat and pas7/10 and others those are fta satellites so please I wants to know how to get free internet using my decoder and also I want to know how to unlock scrambled chanals to use for free I apolojize for my bad English I really need it cos I don't have enough money to subscribe the internet pakage and to subscribe the premium payed chanales

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Regarding free internet, it is not possible, receiving encrypted channels by use of cards or files is pretty much defunct now and the only method involves an internet connection.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
..There was a time when you could intercept download data intended for a specific mac address with simple 'leech'software ..
There was even a version of this that would run on DVB2000 modded Nokia boxes ..
But those days are long since gone ..and those loopholes more or less closed.
As CH has said already ..it involved packet data ..and intensively analysing all data and seperating by mac address...then futher analysis to look for recogniseable file extensions within that data.
This was back in the days when internet by satellite traffic was broadcast in the KU spectrum.
As to actually requesting data ..forget it ..that was and never will be possible.
You want 2 way ..you pay for it..
Innovation never stands still..
rgds
VS

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
There was even a version of this that would run on DVB2000 modded Nokia boxes ..

Yes, and 90% of what was downloaded was mature content.