7025 different outputs possible?

delectable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Technomate 1500ciSuper, Dreambox 7025, 85 cm Transparent dish, titanium 0.2lnb, Tecnomate 2200 motor
My Location
UK
Hi guys,

With the 7025 having two tuners I wonder if it's possible to have two different outputs, one from each tuner. It wouldn't matter if one was via the RF output as it could be used for another room or a house distribution system.

I know this is not possible with a SKY+ box (correct me if I'm wrong, please) but thought may be possible with a good box like this.

I was thinking of connecting an LNB from a motorised dish to one of the inputs and one of the outputs from a sky dish to the other, effectively replacing the need for a sky box.

Also is there any suitable plugins or software so that the 2nd sky lnb input could be used to effectively replace the sky+ function of a SKY + box?

Thanks

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
With the 7025, I have had one channel on the TV and another being viewed on the PC via VLC. I don't know about using the RF output as I've never used it.

This is really the wrong place for Sky Plus, but to keep it brief it has two tuners but only one decoder. It records raw data and decodes at viewing time. This is completely different to PVRs such as the Dreambox which record what would be sent to the TV if you were viewing live. This a Sky Plus can only ever output one thing at a time.

delectable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Technomate 1500ciSuper, Dreambox 7025, 85 cm Transparent dish, titanium 0.2lnb, Tecnomate 2200 motor
My Location
UK
Hi. Thanks for the response.

What is VLC?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
with,this tool,you can,also stream hd tv channels,on your pc,and decoded in realtime,when pc have enough ram,and fast cpu,
the german dbox 2,is to slow in cpu,and chrashed!
1.5 Gybte ram,would be good!

the,problem,of outputting 2 pictures,together,is sofware based,on the hardware site,there,would be no problem!
but,the manufacors,still,not implimate that,in there reveivers software--

delectable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks for the info guys. I'll had a read into that. Since I posted I say a tab for it on the dreambox tools software. Can one only view on a pc on a local network or can one access from any adequate internet access point? (Rather like a slingbox?) It is possible to change the channels remotely via the pc?