7025 harddisk connection question

FredS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
using Humax 5400+Dreambox DM7025, on dish Astra -one Hotbird, one 2 LNB Siruis / Thor
My Location
Belgium & Spain
I did recently a switch over from Humax receivers to the Dreambox DM 7025 mainly for the internet connection advantage , I have fitted a hard disk in it for recording , did all the connections right include the required jumper plug set on cable select etc .
According to the printed user manual instructions , I have to go through the OSD , main menu –to System- & Hard disk to initialize and format the hard disk, however the onscreen display menu is different from the pictures in the manual and also at the latest pdf manual on internet ,
The SYSTEM list on screen as a lot more options to chose from but the name HARDDISK does not appear in this list as shown in the manual . I have been trying and searching ,even on the net for it , contacted my box supplier but no solution or avail , When using the RED option button for recording I get a message like not enough Gb or hard disk does not exist ( of course , it’s not initialized )
Does someone had a similar experience or can one help me on how to fix this problem and get the hard disk working .
Advice will highly appreciated
FredS

notwobe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 dishes (hotbird and Astra) 2 Dreambox (7000 and 7025)
My Location
Germany
It would certainly help to know which image you are using, and the type of HD you installed for someone to help you. Sorry, being away from home, I cannot be of more help. If memory serves, the Gemini 4.1 and 4.2 handle properly HD without fuss.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thread closed. Discussing a banned subject. (receiver 7025c is NOT for satellite)
Please read the rules again.

Edit: Thread opened. Model number shown previously was incorrect. The receiver has satellite tuners according to the original poster.