Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As mentioned elsewhere, today is the day I was finally (after several years of waiting) allowed to remove an old dish/motor and ancillaries from a tenanted farm property up the road.

Despite rusty fasteners and a couple of snapped wall fixings, it only took about an hour.

So what I have acquired is a dish 106cm*98cm (Not yet identified make), a Geotrack Silent Gold 99 36v motor, a pair of 12" T&K (In surprisingly good nick), plus a farmyard length of 4 core and ditto coax.

Haven't the slightest idea what to do with it all yet, but there's no rush.

What I do have in mind is to add a bracket to my existing T&K and then to re-instate my TD110.

BUT, having originally thought the dish I've just got was a 1.2m, and now knowing it is actually marginally smaller than the TD110, I might bung this up on the wall in lieu of my 80cm and put the TD110 into storage.

Anyhow, here are the pics.

PICT0007.JPG PICT0008.JPG PICT0009.JPG PICT0010.JPG PICT0011.JPG PICT0012.JPG PICT0013.JPG

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Oooh, I had this dish in the past... It was on an Irte motor. Can't remember what the make/model is, though.

DSC010.jpg

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Darn. I was hoping my comment about not having identified it would yield results with no further effort on my part!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh, yes, the pole is far meatier than the one I currently have in use, so that's something else I can usefully swop.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Sorry :( It performed alright - was later hung on a Stab motor and then replaced with a Gibertini 1.2m dish (on the same Stab!).

I got it from Hisat when they were still in Bristol, so whatever they were selling at the time (2003/4).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Never mind, CJ!

Just had a closer look at the dish: The bracket definitely resembles the one you've depicted, but I can't find any Branding.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Looks in good condition G :), may be an orbital ? I will go and take a few pictures of mine shortly.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Now then, Martin: Orbital was the first thing that sprang to my mind too.

I have an 80cm Orbital, but the bracket is totally different, though.

The rusting is very superficial and will probably get no more than the Kurust treatment.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I don't think Orbital was in existence back in 2003, was it?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've no idea on that CJ.

All will become clear idc ....................... Somebody is bound to know for sure.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Here are the pictures of my orbital well both of them, one bracket is different to the other due to one been mounted on a stab motor and the other not,
DSCN6208.JPG DSCN6209.JPG DSCN6210.JPG
DSCN6211.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm all clean now, and have domestic chores, so I'll have a compare tomorrow, Martin.

In case anyone was wondering, my final pic at Post #1 I took for those with an eye for masonry quality. There is no quality!

I told the Farm Manager I'd left the rawlplugs in situ as the stonework, pointing and dressing are crumbling. The buildings are due for refurb soon anyway - hence me getting to keep the dish.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Any idea why they were using a motorised dish G?....seems a bit excessive to get "The Archers".....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hi Pete: Well we think that the attached Cottage was Tenanted by an Arab gentleman many years ago and the system was probably installed for 26E.

That still wouldn't have needed a motor though, so I don't know the full story.

It has been parked in the general direction of 26E ever since we've lived here!

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Orbital were definitely about in 2005 here, don't know about 03, I remember a dish review of a 1.2 metre dish of theirs in WhatSat, they tested it on a weak beam on 4.8E as part of the review, in the review it was White in colour and on a ground mount in a backdoor, I had the mag in question up until about a year back when I was moving.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
My dish does not have the holes, maybe for support arms ?.
PICT0008.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, I have a plan: I'm going to replace the 80cm motorised with the "new" dish and leave the existing bracket arrangement as it is for the short term.

If the "new" dish gets me a better compromise on mainstream reception, weak Satellites and wooded arc positions than the existing 80cm allied with TD110 patio mounted, then I'll dismantle the TD110 for now and will also fit an extra T or K to the existing wall mount.

I'll also leave the old and rusting H-H Motor up there as I have a spare and if the gears do get stripped over winter, it'll prompt me to consider another solution. I might also then make use of the "new" pole.

The reason for putting the "new" dish up on the wall in preference to the TD110 is based on visual impact: The former is of the same drab grey, logo free appearance as the 80cm and it's very unlikely the neighbours will notice the size increase, whereas the TD110 is much lighter in colour and has a prominent logo on it. The TD110 was indeed noticed by the former occupant of the neighbouring house, so this way I should be able to keep the peace.

Serendipitously, my neighbours are away from right now until Monday evening (I am on menagerie feeding duties) , so I might try and get the job done sooner rather than later.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I like to do these kind of jobs while the neighbours (and sometimes family!) are away or at work... not that any of them have complained but I want to make as little impact as I can for the sake of everyone.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Made a start: There is a little more rust on the sidewall and edges than I noticed yesterday, so I've applied a couple of coats of Kurust.

The visible face is perfect in shape and condition (by eye at least!) and I think it should give many more years of service.

Having a little trouble separating the dish from the motor stub and the motor from the pole and may have to be destructive with the clamps. Gave up on that aspect yesterday and carried the whole thing home by grasping the pole in both hands (No smut, please) and resting the bottom of the dish fireman style on my shoulder.

Edit: Ah, now got the dish of the stub - That's the most relevant bit for now.

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I do love the 'new installation' project threads