alternative to sky tv it is too expensive

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I can't imagine there's anything available in Trinidad that would be suitable for reception here. I think all the boxes and viewing cards will be tied in to transmissions from American satellites, the majority of which (if not all) are below the horizon here (and therefore not receivable).

keith moore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want to know about satellite tv channels have sky at moment but to exspensive any alternative
My Location
london
is there any where you can watch watch tv channels from your laptop to your tv, ive just plugged the hdmi lead out my sky box into my laptop and wow my laptop is now on my 42 inch tv. so that's a start, so if I can subscribe to an online tv package if one exists then this will be a lot cheaper then sky, do you know any tv channels online. is it possible to watch American tv from my laptop to my tv. or is it just uk tv, so all I would do is just leave my laptop on all time

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Google USTVNOW, that lets you watch live American TV on PC/Laptop/other devices and also gives the option to subscribe to premium channels too

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There are dozens of iptv sites showing channels from all around the world. Some legal, many illegal.

They also come and go as they get busted by the tv channel operators.

keith moore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want to know about satellite tv channels have sky at moment but to exspensive any alternative
My Location
london
There are dozens of iptv sites showing channels from all around the world. Some legal, many illegal.

They also come and go as they get busted by the tv channel operators.
hi
would it be cheaper to get another sky dish on my wall so I can get hotbird and astra channels free to air channels. and buy 2 sat boxes, and just use my other sky dish to get the free to air channels so I would have 2 dishes on my wall. I cant find any other way around it I wont intrested in sky sports, but what sky do is they give you like a discount if you take the sports channels so u save on your other channels but if you don't take the sports channels thet put the price up on the other channels no win situation. I just want to watch channels via sat or sky in 3 rooms. without paying £77 a month