An installers opinion on Technomate dishes.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Just sharing this with you all. I am in touch with a (professional) satellite & aerial installer on the book of faces and this one has told that Technomate dishes are OK for the money, but they prefer to use Triax dishes. I think the 1m Technomate will do me for sure. My new brick shed gets built in early July. :) :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Used a 78/80cm one the other day for 1W and it was of reasonably good quality, certainly quick to assemble and performed as would be expected, not much if any difference between it and the Triax equivalent.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thanks for that Rolfw. Yes they do have a similar look to triax and the prices seem to be very reasonable too. I like the look of them. I have also noticed one or two in use on public houses.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I am going to slap you, Tony...

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
From what i can remember the TM dishes are exactly the same rear AZ/EL mount as whats used on the Max Digital range which are all rebadged, I never liked the MD range either but even with the not so good back mount on the Triax i would still sway towards a Triax rather than a TM dish.

Even the Orbital are somewhat of better quality than the TM & MD range, But dont Scrimp get a Genuine Gibby

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Can't say I'm that keen on Maxx dishes. The TM range has a decent az/el adjustment different to the Triax. I checked them out thoroughly. No need to slap me Jack, just weighing up all the options. :p Anyhoo, I can't do much until it's built and I have to let it dry for a while to let the cement harden before I start drilling holes. But I do have a few ideas in mind already! :)

Last edited: