RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Got this motor today. Somebody was using it for Fibo90. Personally think it is little bit too weak for 90 cm antenna. It has small control unit with remote control and changes elevation and azimuth. Needs external 24V DC power supply. It works very quiet. Control unit connects to motor via same coax cable which goes to LNB. Trust said it could be OK to use it for surveillance camera. I think, it is also possible to move terrestrial antenna with this unit.
MotorXXX.jpg

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Thanks, that is it. Only problem with this motor is that it changes elevation and azimuth, but does not changes skew, so antenna will perform good just in small part of the arc.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I used to own this one before the "Stab" back in 2003/4 - you're right about the skew, very annoying beyond a small area.

I had someone ask me to keep a look-out for these as he was using it on his sat-dish for non-sat reception purposes (weather/WiFi?), so they are quite rare.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That rotor needs its own remote control if I recall, there is no command instruction from receivers.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Yes, it only takes 13/18 volts from receiver and then is operated by independent remote control, also takes external 18-24 V DC power.

snapperoonie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo, 1m Funke dish, Single Black Ultra LNB, Jaeger dg-120 motor.
45E to 61W, Samsung UE40ES8000 3D TV
My Location
West Midlands
IRTE Omnisat, I had one of the first ones back in the old analogue days and could receive 42E to I think 45W with a generic 80cm mesh dish which was the maximum recommended size as I recall, I only replaced it 3 years ago when it became noisy and it's still in my garage waiting to see if I can lavish a little TLC on it and fix it. I definitely still have the sleeve that covered the box it came in and possibly the manual somewhere.