Astra 2E: Launch 30 September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another link for tracking with TLE : http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/tle-new.txt
This text file can be used with Orbitron sat tracking program.
ASTRA 2E
1 39285U 13056A 13273.06878058 -.00000227 00000-0 00000+0 0 15
2 39285 49.0850 342.0995 7208152 359.8534 12.7317 2.26717962 02

P.S. N2yo doesn't know about Astra 2E yet: http://www.n2yo.com/?s=39285
This link will be live soon. But, in my experience Celestrak update TLE info much faster than N2yo.
P.P.S. SES doesn't provide ephemeris data yet: http://www.ses.com/4405170/tool/ephemeris
 
Last edited:
Ok, I think it's time to open up the Testing Topic now, as news of 2E's progress towards the Testing location is clearly appropriate.
 
Ok, I think it's time to open up the Testing Topic now, as news of 2E's progress towards the Testing location is clearly appropriate.
Is there any way we can keep the signal reports separate from the general chit-chat, as otherwise the signal reports just get lost in the noise?
 
We'll see in due course: The problem is managing related multiple Topics when, even with the best of intentions, people still Post in the "wrong" place.

We prefer Members to feel it's their Forum, so a light hand on the tiller is the order of the day - but we'll intervene if necessary.
 
P.S. N2yo doesn't know about Astra 2E yet: http://www.n2yo.com/?s=39285
This link will be live soon. But, in my experience Celestrak update TLE info much faster than N2yo.
N2yo indeed sometimes have some delay in listing and using the TLE of a new satellite, like you must have noticed with Astra 2E.
But once in their system, the TLE updates come faster at N2YO than at Celestrak!
Apparently N2YO retrieves the TLE's at USSTRATCOM at closer intervals than Celestrak.
But the delay at Celestrak is usually no more than a few hours.

So when I really want the latest TLE, I check manually at N2YO, and compare the element set number (1st line at the end) with Celestrak's number.
When N2YO is newer, copy/paste on that TLE in Celestrak's geo.txt or tle-new.txt.

You may want to try GorbTrack instead of Oribtron!
Orbitron may look more "shiny" (I tried it once), but I find GorbTrack much more fit to purpose for GEO satellites.
 
We'll see in due course: The problem is managing related multiple Topics when, even with the best of intentions, people still Post in the "wrong" place.

We prefer Members to feel it's their Forum, so a light hand on the tiller is the order of the day - but we'll intervene if necessary.

I do think we need to keep the number of topics down to maybe 2 this time until the bird goes live & we start looking for signal reports from various areas.
 
Absolutely :cool:

(Especially as I tend to work the day shift more or less solo!)
 
Absolutely :cool:

(Especially as I tend to work the day shift more or less solo!)
Yes, and you're going to be on holiday.
 
No, done that.

Got back last Tuesday.
 
Does anyone know the final allocation ( slot 10 x 10 x10 ) of this bird when fired up and operational in relationship to the other birds at 28.2E

Regards
 
Surely it will become part of the 28.2 constellation, why would it be something different, or didn't I understand your question?
 
You did not understand, I know it`s in the 28.2 constellation but where exactly?
 
Its "centre of box" info is not yet available on the SES site.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top