Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
That's some good aiming there!

What make is the 2.4m and what do you get with it?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
That's some good aiming there!

What make is the 2.4m and what do you get with it?
Looks like an Aerial Oy AS24 2.4m, am I right satiwi? I have the 1.8m version.

Edit: Doh, I was right, it's in his profile.

Is that a homemade heating element on the back?

satiwi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Aerial 2.4, Aerial Feedhorn, Inverto Ultra Pro, DM8000HDse
My Location
Riihimaki Finland
Yep its the aerial Oy AS24, I'm enjoying 28.2E on it, even in blizzardly conditons (thanks 2e), except UK spot for which I hope 27.5w will fill. Hopeful plan is to integrate both feeds to the Dbox with seamless switching from the bouquets. ..and yes its a homemade heating element, actually a gutter drain defrosting element. I have 240v avilable at the antenna (underground feed for signl and power) and its switched on with a modified wireless mains switcher, thats the antenna mounted on top of the dish. Keeps the lower half of the dish clear as thats where the snow collects.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Map updated to here, with the Stockholm report added

satiwi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Aerial 2.4, Aerial Feedhorn, Inverto Ultra Pro, DM8000HDse
My Location
Riihimaki Finland
Mission completed!, Both Astra 2E and IS907 now working on the DM800se here in Finland w/ transparent switching of antennas and cam modes between 2E and 907 on channel changes. :):):)

la9thjohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox Pace 9foco2, 180cm Luxor cassegrain antenna. Invacom LNB C120 0,3db.
My Location
Trondheim, Norway
Mission completed!, Both Astra 2E and IS907 now working on the DM800se here in Finland w/ transparent switching of antennas and cam modes between 2E and 907 on channel changes. :):):)
I would like to get in contact with the member in Trondheim Norway who has given report good signals on 180cm dish. See Google maps. Can anyone tell me??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If the report was made on this forum it will probably be on this thread somewhere.

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Received and installed my Laminas OFC-1200 today here in Vansbro Sweden and now get all spot beam channels including HD even in the evening!

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 dish, Inverto Black Ultra single aimed at 28.2 E, built in Philips TV receiver
Triax 110 aimed at Telstar 12 (15 W)
My Location
Landvetter (15 km E of Gothenburg), Sweden
I gave a reception report in February about reception of the UK spot beam with a Triax 110 in my location 15 km east of Gothenburg. At the time, the reception of the HD channels on Astra 2E was intermittent. However everything else (all transponders on Astra 2f and the SD channels on Astra 2e) worked. I saw some improvements of the signal from Astra 2E in early March, confirming reports and measurement results from "bema". I have also adjusted the skew of the LNB and I now have reception of all channels 24/7. The weather margin is limited for some of the channels at lunch time.

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
T90 1w 5e 13e , Triax 110 + Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Getting ITV 1 SD at eveving with 6.5 - 7 db . Had only sunny days since got new Triax 110cm dish.

I live in Drammen area

bema

Reaction score
Website
www.sm6muy.se
My Satellite Setup
TV server: Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
TvHeadend 4.1-1355
TBS6904 (Quad DVB-S/S2)
Dish: TD110, Inverto black ultra quattro
TBS6205 (Quad DVB-T/T2)
Ant: UHF 100 El Triax, dir N
Client: Kodi v14.2 etc
My Location
Sweden
Received and installed my Laminas OFC-1200 today here in Vansbro Sweden and now get all spot beam channels including HD even in the evening!

Nice !
You are on the "right" side of the 1st side lobe ? Lower signal in the evening. I have not seen so many reports from "that side". I 'm still wondering where the "maximum (24h average) power level" from the 1st side lobe is in Sweden...

Where did you buy the dish, from Poland ?

bema

Reaction score
Website
www.sm6muy.se
My Satellite Setup
TvHeadend 4.1-1355
TBS6904 (Quad DVB-S/S2)
TBS6205 (Quad DVB-T/T2)
My Location
Sweden
Getting ITV 1 SD at eveving with 6.5 - 7 db . Had only sunny days since got new Triax 110cm dish.

I live in Drammen area

I think you can improve your system. Check the position of the LNB arm. My was too low. I have improved it with some aluminum bars (10x3 mm) "Twist" them slightly with a pair of clamps. It's then easy to adjust the arm into correct position and the stability increase a lot..

P1020110mod.JPG P1020115Mod.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There's a far quicker, easier and cost-free solution to the droopy arm on the TD110: Where it passes through the dish face, simply raise it with your fingers and insert a spacer/shim of matchsticks, coins, whatever is lying around.

Highly effective.

Last edited:

bema

Reaction score
Website
www.sm6muy.se
My Satellite Setup
TvHeadend 4.1-1355
TBS6904 (Quad DVB-S/S2)
TBS6205 (Quad DVB-T/T2)
My Location
Sweden
There's a far quicker, easier and cost-free solution to the droopy arm on the TD110: Where it passes through the dish face, simply raise it with your fingers and insert a spacer of matchsticks, coins, whatever is lying around.

Highly effective.

I did that first but it's only stable for some time. The LNB umbrella added some weight and the wind also pushes it out of position. No more adjustments since I added the bars....

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Nice !
You are on the "right" side of the 1st side lobe ? Lower signal in the evening. I have not seen so many reports from "that side". I 'm still wondering where the "maximum (24h average) power level" from the 1st side lobe is in Sweden...

Where did you buy the dish, from Poland ?
Yes,direct from Laminas.
"OFC1200.............113.16 €
OFZ1200...............35.67 €
Shipping..................69 €
--------------------------------
Total .....................217.83 €
Retail prices, 23% VAT included.
Prepaiment by bank transfer on proforma invoice."

Used Europay / Swedbank only costs 10kr.

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 dish, Inverto Black Ultra single aimed at 28.2 E, built in Philips TV receiver
Triax 110 aimed at Telstar 12 (15 W)
My Location
Landvetter (15 km E of Gothenburg), Sweden
I did that first but it's only stable for some time. The LNB umbrella added some weight and the wind also pushes it out of position. No more adjustments since I added the bars....
I also noticed that I got a better signal if I raised the lnb arm slightly. However, instead of adjusting the arm, I managed to improve reception by pushing the lnb a couple of cm forward through its holder. I guess there is some room for further improvements...

A

archive10

I also noticed that I got a better signal if I raised the lnb arm slightly. However, instead of adjusting the arm, I managed to improve reception by pushing the lnb a couple of cm forward through its holder. I guess there is some room for further improvements...
You probably need to do both. On massproduced steel dish assemblies, the feedhorn of the LNB is not always in the centre of the beam focus point. This applies both to up/down and in/out. On some very questionable designs, it even applies to tipping the LNB slightly to get more focus on the antennas in the LNB. Fine tuning best done with meter and weak transponders. And remember 28.5 is skewed differently from 28.2 sats (so dont use 28.5 transponders).
Also, it depends on LNB/feedhorn design where the sweet spot is. And many lnbs have a short neck that give very little room for adjustment. Your black ultra is one of the better ones in this respect.

A

archive10

Reception report
Conditions: Clear skies
Dish: Swedish Microwave OA-1050 (105 cm)

LNB: Inverto Black Multi-connect Quad
Result: Negative. 2A comes in fine (Sky News), carrier is detected, but no TS decoded on either 2E or 2F. Signal strength around 71.5 dBuV, and C/N just around 4.7 dB (needs to be roughly above 8 for anything to decode).

LNB: Black Ultra Quad
Result: Negative. 2A again comes in fine, but only slightly better 2E/F. Strength at 75 dBuV, and C/N at 6 dB.
Will try SMW feed-horn in the coming days (F/D 0.5 compared to F/D 0.6 for standard LNBs), but clearly dish is not big enough for Eastern Denmark.

Attachments

• IMAG0231_q.jpg
    IMAG0231_q.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Thx :) I will try that but how much better signal i will get ? 1 2 db or more ? :)

I think you can improve your system. Check the position of the LNB arm. My was too low. I have improved it with some aluminum bars (10x3 mm) "Twist" them slightly with a pair of clamps. It's then easy to adjust the arm into correct position and the stability increase a lot..

View attachment 64043 View attachment 64044

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Thx :) I will try that but how much better signal i will get ? 1 2 db or more ? :)

I tried with a 1kr coin :) Got 0,20 - 0,30 db better signals :) I have 0.3db lnb planning to change it with inverto ultra black maybe that will help more. I have a Maximum 0.1 db lnb bought from Germany by a friend woundringer if its big difference between Maximum and Inverto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.