Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map udated to here, thank you for all the reports. :)
 
Ohhh No!
I don't exist anymore, the bad karma from earlier existencies made
me disappear from the map. Well, Morris Dancing next! That's all
that's left now. :-(
 
Ohhh No!
I don't exist anymore, the bad karma from earlier existencies made
me disappear from the map. Well, Morris Dancing next! That's all
that's left now. :-(


:eek: Pm me your details & I'll put you back. :D

Mistakes get made compiling the maps
 
One you for you AS...

A friend in Odense, Denmark set up one of those squish dishes and he seems to be getting everything from European beams - signal is low as shown on an ancient Sky HD box (Thomson). Obviously nothing from UK beam.

IMG_2344.webp IMG_2348.webp

A 1.2m dish is getting nothing from UK beam at the same location. Back in 2006, he could get everything from 2D on the same dish.
 
Last edited:
One you for you AS...

A friend in Odense, Denmark set up one of those squish dishes and he seems to be getting everything from European beams - signal is low as shown on an ancient Sky HD box (Thomson). Obviously nothing from UK beam.

View attachment 62420 View attachment 62421

Neat setup, although hard to tell from the photo not sure if that sqish is skewed, that might bring in a little more signal.
 
Apparently, the skew has been adjusted as well. In DK, it only needs 4.4 degrees of skew, so possibly why it's not visible in the picture.

Spoke to my friend some more - BT Sports SD and HD transponders weren't visible on the Thomson box yesterday. This morning the signal quality went from around 20% to 50%... BT Sports transponders are now visible as well. So could be the daily variation.
 
Report from 40km North of Oslo,Norway 60.359N 10.571E:
1.2m Gregorian (Fibo). Receive ASTRA 2E 24/7 in is clear sky. No margin for rain.
10.847V DVB-S2 (BBC One England, BBC Two HD etc.) is the transponder with less margin. 2E BBC DVB-S transponders can take slightly more rain but they are also marginal. The signal variation from ASTRA 2E is around 2-3dB during 24hours.
The highest SNR I have measured with my TBS-5925 USB card is 9.5dB while ClarkeTec ET9000 reported 10dB. Probably max EIRP of 39-40dBW over OSLO.

ASTRA 2F have less variation here compare to ASTRA 2E. It could well be that my location is on top of a sidelobe from ASTRA2F but more on the edge of a sidelobe from ASTRA 2E.


I have also seen this report from a well known enthusiast in Ostersund;Sweden, 63.181N,14.642E:
All channels Astra 2 E good signal north Sweden Östersund no problem 3.70m Dish previously good signal at 1.80m Dish Not now see more on http://www.satwall.se/
(so 3.7m works on ASTRA 2E in Ostersund but 1.8m does not)
 
Interesting report on the Finnish forum of a 3m Aerial Oy dish and a 10 year old Invacom Quad in Jurva, central west Finland, picking up all 2E 24hrs a day.
 
I have also seen this report from a well known enthusiast in Ostersund;Sweden, 63.181N,14.642E:
All channels Astra 2 E good signal north Sweden Östersund no problem 3.70m Dish previously good signal at 1.80m Dish Not now see more on http://www.satwall.se/
(so 3.7m works on ASTRA 2E in Ostersund but 1.8m does not)

Great installation! I can even see both the 4.5m and 3.7m on Google Earth...
(Not sure I could persuade SWMBO to have one of those babies in the front yard!)
 
Ohhh No!
I don't exist anymore, the bad karma from earlier existencies made
me disappear from the map. Well, Morris Dancing next! That's all
that's left now. :-(

Well I'm being giving special treament - I'm the only blue (not pale blue) pin on the map!
Nevertheless, I do not have access to mechanical means (or spouses with no back-problems) for lifting my dish face, so the pin colour very closely resembles the color of my face after lifting the 55 Kg CM dish onto the mount.
 
Think I will try a slingbox connection to one of the jodrell bank dishes:-rofl2
 
hello again! sorry if i am asking newbie silly questions here but all this sat moving stuff is new to me. I have just added some inline triax signal amps which has given me bbc itv and channel four all in SD which i didn't get before during the evening blackout period. BUT last night I had all channels (except ITV HD) ALL night. I can obviously get by with SD channels but id like to try and get the HD back 24/7.
I have also got a digital finder meter but it doesn't have ASTRA 2E loaded into it. Can anyone give me the satellite info so i can program it in?
Also what is the best transponder setting that I should choose in the Sky installer menu?

Thanks guys!

:)
 
Thanks for all the additional reports. I think them map is now up to date on this thread now :)
 
I tested my sister's 1.25m dish with a DrHD F15, in Helsinki yesterday evening. All 2E Europe transponders are receivable but no 2F Europe were lockable. (Receiver requires about 3.8dB to view the 2E transponders, and about 5.8dB for the 2F transponders)

2E Europe:
11.720H 8.6dB
11.739V 8.0dB
11.758H 7.9dB
11.778V 8.0dB
11.798H 8.3dB
11.836H 8.3dB
11.856V 7.9dB
11.914H 7.5dB
11.934V 7.3dB
12.012V 6.4dB
12.344H 5.5dB
12.363V 6.2dB
12.382H 6.7dB
12.460H 4.3dB

2F Europe:
12.522V 0.2dB
12.545H 0.0dB
12.552V 0.1dB
12.574H 0.5dB
12.581V 0.1dB
12.604H 1.0dB
12.611V 0.2dB
12.633H 0.4dB
12.640V 0.1dB
12.663H 0.2dB
12.670V 1.0dB
 
I would like to report my results for Astra 2E North Stockholm on a 180cm dish.
No UK spotbeam since the 1N handover (not tweaked it yet to see if it can be reached - will give it a try soon)
90%+ on all the PanE beam.
(On 2F - 60% on the PanE beam 12522V in clear weather, nothing on UK spot)
Still waiting to see if anyone in Stockholm has got the 2E UK spot.
 
I would like to report my results for Astra 2E North Stockholm on a 180cm dish.
No UK spotbeam since the 1N handover (not tweaked it yet to see if it can be reached - will give it a try soon)
90%+ on all the PanE beam.
(On 2F - 60% on the PanE beam 12522V in clear weather, nothing on UK spot)
Still waiting to see if anyone in Stockholm has got the 2E UK spot.
Hi i am not sure but the two Irish pub`s in Stockholm are still advertising the rugby which is showing on BBC1 and the hurling on Setanta sports so i guess they are getting the u.k beam
 
Two of us in Östersund lost BBC,ITV etc on our 180 dishes. Euro beam 2e ok. Have ordered a second hand 240cm dish,delivery April-May.Will report back with reception info. for uk beam,
 
Were in sweden i can buy Gibertini dishes ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top