BBC blocking VPN access

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
AS thx for heads up, atm my multi free access iplayers are not affected, but there are always alternative possibilities in the pipelinefingerscrossed.png

Regards

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
My badweather\lowsignal backup still working. And there's filmon.

Attachments

• Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I can VPN into my UK home router if they block access to SmartDNS services...

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
iPlayer gone on my Sony Bravia luckly I bought a Manhanttan Freesat box earlier this year so I can watch catch up on BBC & ITV
I have a VM Tivo but the menu's are crap so may get rid of it soon as the contract expires.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Just updated my Firefox browser Hola unblocker to version 1.9.624, now clear the beeb better than ever:)

Regards

Hola Better Internet – Access censored sites

I used to have Hola but uninstalled it for security reasons (they let others use your IP as a VPN exit node if I remember rightly so if anyone was upto nogood it would come back to you if they used your exit node) but it was good when I used it

iPlayer gone on my Sony Bravia luckly I bought a Manhanttan Freesat box earlier this year so I can watch catch up on BBC & ITV
I have a VM Tivo but the menu's are crap so may get rid of it soon as the contract expires.

I've got the VM Tivo too, well, if you can call it a Tivo, it has the Tivo front end and EPG but that's about it as far as functionality goes, I loved it to start with but soon got sick of it, as soon as the contract is up its gone
Apparently its based on rebranded Tivo Premiere hardware but it's locked down to VM through the Tivo middleware so theres no way to add extra apps or use the network features as they where intended to be used, the technology is there but VM won't activate it (if your Tivo is on your home network enter the Tivo IP address into your web browser and when the login box pops up enter username=tivo and the password is your media access key found in the Tivo menus, the features are there but VM say no)