Best Satellite Box for Strong Tuner

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Three Sats Optus D1,D2 and Intelsat19
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Can i please get some reccomendations on what receiver to buy for a quality tuner with strong signal, i have a GT media Combo box atm and it's great for autobiss etc but it struggles with signal strength on some feeds. TIA Paulie

P.s - I live in AUS and have three satellites on my roof, 2 x 1.2m

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
You aren't going to find another receiver that is significantly more sensitive than the one you already have.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
For more signal increase your dish size.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
You aren't going to find another receiver that is significantly more sensitive than the one you already ha
You aren't going to find another receiver that is significantly more sensitive than the one you already

You aren't going to find another receiver that is significantly more sensitive than the one you already have.
Incorrect, my mate has a Strong Receiver and a GT Combo and that's how i know he plugged his antenna into the Strong receiver and got a much better signal so that's why i was asking cause that receiver is now obsolete

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Incorrect, my mate has a Strong Receiver and a GT Combo and that's how i know he plugged his antenna into the Strong receiver and got a much better signal so that's why i was asking cause that receiver is now obsolete
You already have the answer then.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
No that was my question what box has a very strong tuner, the Strong receiver is now obselete

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Was the Strong receiver able to receive signals the GTCombo couldn't or were you comparing percentages? If one type of receiver displays a higher percentage figure than another it doesn't necessarily mean it has a better tuner.

jojoz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Emme Esse 115 Alu satellite dish
Stab HH120 diseqc motor
Golden Media High Gain Quad LNB 204+
Octagon SF8008 single satellie receiver
My Location
Athens Greece
Every satellite receiver has its own signal measurements. You can't say that Strong receiver is better than GT combo. It's true that some receivers have a more sensitive tuner than others e.g. you can get signal in some frequencies or feeds. The lnb is another factor. But as william-1 says a larger dish makes the difference.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Was the Strong receiver able to receive signals the GTCombo couldn't or were you comparing percentages? If one type of receiver displays a higher percentage figure than another it doesn't necessarily mean it has a better tuner.
The feed was on Optus D1, the GT Combo signal quality was poor and dropping out, as soon as you removed the antenna and plugged into the Strong receiver the signal was very good, same dishes etc being used different receivers

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The feed was on Optus D1, the GT Combo signal quality was poor and dropping out, as soon as you removed the antenna and plugged into the Strong receiver the signal was very good, same dishes etc being used different receivers
If you can provide the model number somebody on here should know which tuner / demodulator are contained within.

The software that governs how the circuit works will also have an impact on how efficient the front end is.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The menu structures in the manual are very similar in design to a Technomate satellite receiver.
If I had to guess, I would say the Strong receiver is probably a different branded version of a Technomate TM-5402 (M1) model as the rear panel layouts are also similar.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
The menu structures in the manual are very similar in design to a Technomate satellite receiver.
If I had to guess, I would say the Strong receiver is probably a different branded version of a Technomate TM-5402 (M1) model as the rear panel layouts are also similar.
Thanks Moonbase, any idea where i purchase that model, does it have biss? Doesn't have to be autobiss just the feature where i can manually enter the codes.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Looks hard to get for Australia, any other recommendations

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
dishes? you mean dish i hope.

my GT combo is the same as my octagon SF8008 - both VERY good tuners, you'll be hard pressed to find better.
let me know if you find one, might sort out my ESPN issue.
:)

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
i tried the TM5402-M4 today on 40.5w - ESPN, beleive it or not, the STB does give a slightly better signal than the octagon sf8008 \ edision mIo 4k and the GT MEdia combo....

the breakup is much less frequent, and its more of a smoother breakup if that makes sense, its more of a pixel blur than a full picture gone and and return type scenario. (this is when signal gets down to 8.0db)