Beyond 58 West

thecaretaker

My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
As you can see from my details, I can get pick up satellites from 45E to 58W (31 in all) here on the southeast coast of the UK. However, I still have movement on the dish further west. Is there anything else beyond 58w I should be able to pick up? I did see a members signiture list 61W but not sure of their location.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In theory you could but with such a small dish no I doubt it. Also there has to be a footprint transmitted over Europe in order to receive channels. In the case of 61Deg West, as you can see by checking the beams on lyngsat.com in the right hand column there are only occasional feeds aimed at Europe.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/amazonas.html

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi -thecaretaker -

i had a 70 c.m. fixed dish on 61 west for a while recently -- and blind searched it from time to time using a technomate 1500 ci super --
all i ever picked up was a the data channel on 12562 V 27000 7/8 --quite strong signal --
it transmits all the time though - so you can use it to find the satellite --
good luck
regards n_b

thecaretaker

My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
Thanks for the info. I was suprised to get 7W Nilesat when the footprint doesn't look anywhere near us, so was just wondering if there were any suprises up that end. OK, I was posting from work and a bit bored to be honest :-worship lol