Bigger dish or IPTV?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I sent my father who lives in Spain one of those IPTV boxes a few weeks ago, now he only has 6mbps broadband but the picture quality on a 32inch led tv is very watchable and seeing as he can not put up a large sat dish, its the best of a bad option, He gets all the usual British channels as well as some sports and some adult. In case someone is interested its a Medialink Black Panther Combo HD , not sure if posting a link is allowed maybe someone will let me know ?
Please code them mark.
Code:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=st+george's+church+sheffield&ie=UTF-8&ei=42g1U7CkGYGVhQfKgoHIDQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Menorca Man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD (2GB Amstrad DRX890) + Generic 1.65m x 1.5m offset with Opticum LQP-04H Quad LNB
My Location
Ciutadella de Menorca
O.K. Took the plunge and recently purchased a genuine Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 (this one uses a specially compiled version of XBMC) via eBay uk ( h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-BOX-MIDNIGHT-MX2-ANDROID-4-2-JELLY-BEAN-DUAL-CORE-XBMC-STREAMING-/181137116298?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item2a2c9d0c8a ). Granted it's bit more expensive than some of the other Android boxes out there but it comes with a 1 year warranty and Matricom on-line support. I'm well pleased with this little device and can fully recommend it. :)

tothbros

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm Gibertini, Andrews (CM) feedhorn, LNB: C120 flange Invacom QDF-031, Sky+HD box
My Location
Budapest, Hungary
O.K. Took the plunge and recently purchased a genuine Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 (this one uses a specially compiled version of XBMC) via eBay uk ( h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-BOX-MIDNIGHT-MX2-ANDROID-4-2-JELLY-BEAN-DUAL-CORE-XBMC-STREAMING-/181137116298?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item2a2c9d0c8a ). Granted it's bit more expensive than some of the other Android boxes out there but it comes with a 1 year warranty and Matricom on-line support. I'm well pleased with this little device and can fully recommend it. :)
i know very little about these kinds of devices...so when it comes to telly viewing, what services do you get access to? is it like an htpc, and if so, what are the limitations?

Menorca Man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD (2GB Amstrad DRX890) + Generic 1.65m x 1.5m offset with Opticum LQP-04H Quad LNB
My Location
Ciutadella de Menorca
i know very little about these kinds of devices...so when it comes to telly viewing, what services do you get access to? is it like an htpc, and if so, what are the limitations?
Yes, they are small Android based Home Theatre PCs and come preconfigured with a number of apps including MBXC media player. They have built-in WIFI and most, if not all of them, have HDMI and Composite AV outputs, a LAN connector, an SD card slot and 2 or more USB connectors. You can install additional apps from the Google Play Store or download and install MBXC addons. Once everything is correctly set up you can read & send emails, surf the Internet, play Android games, play/stream/download music and films, stream and record live TV channels from around the world via an app such as FilmOn, etc, etc.
Google search "G-Box Midnight MX2" for more info.

Regards

Last edited:

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
Although Filmon isn't great quality

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Lots of people duped into IPTV solutions here. Horrendous quality and that's not taking the stuttering into account. Anyone who says the quality is good needs to visit an optician. Absolutely last resort.