Boxkey of the 5620?

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
Hi.
I bought a 5620, and i'm starting in this new hobby. I've learned much from this site, but i still have some trouble connecting the dots.
How do i get the boxkey from the 5620?
I've built a Phoenix TE-21 programmer, and i bought also a Titanium card, wich program should i use? Multiprog? Titanium Card Progger?
Thanks to all, in advance. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi DHeart

What exactly do you want to do with the Dreambox? If it is watching TV and some encrypted channels you don't need anything else but a new working Image with the right EMUS & Keys....

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
It's that simple?
Don't i need the boxkey to program the titanium card? Along with the provider's ID and the key00 and key 01?
I ask you to be patiente with me, and excuse my language errors, but i come to a conclusion.... to much information confuses us newbies.
Can you give me an advice about the emu's to look for? And i bought the 5620 brand new, but i need to flash it?
And how about the programmer and the software for the titanium?
Thanks

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
I've read so much stuff, that you wouldn't believe!!!! So i'm a little confused.
I hope that you, or any other member, can help me.
:D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
DHeart said:
It's that simple?
Yes it's that simple. As long as your computer skills are OK just find an image and flash it onto the box. You'll need to set up some sort of network connection to do that (preferably Ethernet). Then you'll need to update some keys (FTP from your PC). No cards and no programers to worry about. Just download or manually edit the keys and your done.

Read T_G's idiot guide. It's all in there.
Read it five times, then come back with what you don't understand (and there probably WILL be stuff), and we'll fix you up.

Sounds like you just stumbled over the best-kept secret on the planet!

STICK

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
I've stumbled on the DB, in my research for the most simple and efficient receiver. Someone, here in Portugal, told me that the best manufacturer is Humax, and the right one for the job was the NA-FOX. But i found it much limited, compared with the DB.
Thanks for the help, T_G & BGonaSTICK.
:D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It can get complicated though, so come back and ask when you get stuck. We did! :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
It can get complicated though, so come back and ask when you get stuck. We did! :)

All you need is take an image such as Terminator 2, I have a dreambox V 8 or SF image, flash it and you will have all the stuff you need.

One thing is that you need to connect your dreambox to your computer with a LAN, if you manage to do this you are 90% there. The rest is fairly straight forward.

So: 1) Get the Box Networked
2) Download an image from www.i-have-a-dreambox.com , download section
3) Download Dreamuplan
4) Download Dreamboxedit
5) Get an FTP program

Flash the box and give us a shout!

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
May I suggest you to flash the I have a dreambox image V.8 image as the keys and emulators (SCAM and CAMD3) are already in the image. You just need a null modem to do the job. No need to bother about Dream Control Centre and networking, keys and emus.

If you are using an SF image. YOu need to ftp your box using a crossover cable (thanks for this info T_G). You will need to put the keys and emus in the tmp folder using ftp and manually upload the addons using the setup menu of your dreambox. See this site for keys and emus and download teh sf image from the i have a dreambox site http://www.gozosat.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1092

If you are using the hydra images, then you will have to connect your dreambox to the Internet to download the latest control panel, emulators and update keys. I do this by connecting my dreambox to my router. In the communication setting, I put my router's ip in the gateway and nameserver (e.g. 192.168.2.1 for gateway and nameserver and dreambox ip is 192.168.2.10). YOu need to use the same subnet e.g. 192.168.2. etc in my case. My pc's ip is 192.168.2.9. YOu may of course use different ips.

Wish you all the best.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ahem, the I have a dreambox image v8 does not have the latest keys in. I suggest the easiest now to use is the SF Image, connect it to the internet and download directly through from the Dreambox first the emus and then the keys.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
........errr and the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0, not 192.168.2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
T_G said:
Ahem, the I have a dreambox image v8 does not have the latest keys in. I suggest the easiest now to use is the SF Image, connect it to the internet and download directly through from the Dreambox first the emus and then the keys.

Bollo**S the bloody keys change all the time it is hard to keep up :rolleyes:
The SF Image at this moment does not open up Skeye Yitalya, so either wait for the changes to be available (which they surely will do shortly) or go again for the Ihavea dreambox V9 or Terminator 6. Terminator 6 seems interesting as it has now the option of downloading EMU and the keys, but haven't tried it. Also, it is full so it is difficult to add things to it....I will try and have a look

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
(Caution: I am not an expert in networking, I have got these from a website)
To Stick:
the IP address contains three parts: the network number, the subnet number, and the machine number. In your "how to network" tutorial, the ip you are using 192.168.1.100, the .1 is your subnet. If you use 192.168.2.100, your box will not be able to access internet through your router which has an ip of 192.168.1.1 (again .1 is your subnet; I think subnet and subnet mask is creating confusion).

<--Network address-->192.168
<--Subnet address--> .1
<--Machine address--> . 100

I agree the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

I noticed that SK*y Italia is working on i have a dreambox version .9 image but not on the Terminator V6 or the latest SF image.

Cheers and all the best.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra &amp; Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Some advice on how to manually install CAMD3 (and SCAM) on the SF or terminator image would be very helpful? E.g. how to chmod 777 the scam and camd3 in var/bin and the keys required... http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu.htm (I can do the SCAM only and not the CAMD3).

Thank you

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I got the Terminator working beautifully. Everything works ok including Italky etc.

Sometimes it has a mini freeze, all it takes is to wait a little bit and it goes, similar to what SF was doing. It seems to handle the Motoer ok.
I kicked the games out just in case it needs a little bit of space.
If I knew what else I could delete I would do it, but I"m not sure what and how.
I like the fact that it can update from the internet like SF...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
cfphoenix said:
<--Network address-->192.168
<--Subnet address--> .1
<--Machine address--> . 100

I agree the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Thanks for that. I had slightly misread your post. Your explanation above is not quite right though. I'm far from being a networking expert either but it's not as simple as the above example.

The subnets are determined by the subnet mask, which is itself influenced by the class of the IP address (and so not a fixed layout as above). Subnet masks will determine which of the octets of the address represent the Network ID, and which the Host ID. For a Class B address, the subnet mask would be 255.255.0.0 meaning that the first and second octet represent the Network ID and the third and fourth represent the Host ID. The third octet can be 'hijacked' to create a subnet ID, but this is only for a Class B address.

For a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the first three octets are the Network ID (which defines, or is defined by, the 'physical segment' i.e. the way your network is physically laid out) and the last octet is available for you to uniquely identify your Hosts (or machines).

Subnet masks determine subnets.

So in our (Class C) example IP of 192.168.1.n, "192.168.1" is the network ID and the 'n' is available to be allocated as Host ID's (or machine ID's if you like). In this case, subnetting is not employed.

It's very interesting, and I've learnt a lot myself recently.

On my travels, I've found a couple of really interesting sites on IP addressing if you're interested.

The first is an online tutorial, which I'd advise you start from the begining, as it rattles through at a fair pace!

http://www.learntosubnet.com/

The second is a tool for playing with specific IP addresses, which is quite cool.

http://jodies.de/ipcalc

Not trying to be a smartass, just chewing the fat. I'm a self confessed idiot when it comes to IP addressing!

STICK

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra &amp; Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Dear Stick,

The info you provided is very useful and I am very sure will appeal to all forum members including myself. I did not know that subnet mask determine subnets (Meaning, I have to learn a lot more).

Thank you

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
Hi everybody.
BGonaSTICK, T_G networking the DB was relatively simple and easy. But my new problem is that i can't upload an image or do anything else because the DB blocks. At first i thought that was the speed of the conection, and lower it from 100 to 10, ion full mode. But it keep hapenning. It continues to block. I tried to upload the Terminator v.7 image with Dreambox Control Center, and i've tried several times without sucess.
Can you help me? What's hapenning?
:(