Broadlogic 2030 card seems to be good tool for DXers.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I got this card several time ago, and doing some experiments with it.

I really liked the info panel of V@box control app. It gives you a lot of information about your signal, including details never seen (personally) on any other PCI DVB-S Card. The most valuable information is very detailed SNR and LNB Freq. ofset. What these mean in general life? Knowing exact SNR will allow you to select the best LNB from available ones. Also, you can select LNB with minimal frequency offset, which is very critical for low SR transponders.

Regarding DVB software, I've tested the following with it:

DVBDream - works OK, but heavy pixelized picture and choppy sound, feels that signal is not enough, but
ProgDVB - works quite fine with it.
MyTheatre - despite announced support, I was not able to use this card with this app.

It should be noted, that using minimal hardware modification, this card can be turned into fully functional, realtime spectrum analyzer! Details here: _ttp://www.moonglow.net/tvro/blsa.html

Also, this card has built-in smartcard reader, but I found no software with it's support, even oficial bundle says nothing about this smart card reader.

So, if you see this card somewhere around cheap, go get it, definetly worth.

Attachments

• vabox.jpg
    vabox.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 60

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Just got one ebay. Lovely card. Can't remember how progdvb plugins work for nagra. Anyone with a site to see how it would work with this card. Tried Yanske, Vplug and S2emu but can't see any picture! And this is only nagra2.
Good card to have!