change AV channel on Freesat box

yonty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HRD-1000S
My Location
Hampshire
Does anyone know of a Freesat+ box which will let you change the AV channel? If so please name box & give instructions.
My TV is stuck on AV2, but otherwise works perfectly. I’ve had a number of set top boxes which could all be adjusted to cope with this: a Sky+ box; a Virgin Media V box; & whatever box Virgin used before that. All worked OK. However, Humax technical support said that the HDR-1000s can’t change its AV channel.

Last edited:

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
will a poundland/pound shop all in one remote not do the job?

yonty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HRD-1000S
My Location
Hampshire
will a poundland/pound shop all in one remote not do the job?
Are you suggesting using it to change the AV channel used by the Humax box? That won't work because Humax Technical Support says it doesn't have that function.
If you're suggesting using a universal remote to change the AV channel used by the TV, that won't work because the TV's infrared receiver doesn't work.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Get a scart switcher (you can get them with manual switching or with remote controls to switch between their inputs)