Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A member, on another forum, has picked up one of these dishes but it has no feed arms, and he requires the measurements, to get them made.
Can anyone who owns a Channel Master 1.8M dish please measure the 3 feedarms, or does anyone have the technical specifications, so he can get the dish working.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Thanks Captain Jack, hopefully it will help him, but I think he'll require a good engineering firm, to get them made accurately, which could cost more than he probably paid for the dish !!!!!!!!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Check @RimaNTSS 's thread - he created his own arms for the Prodelin. Easily adjustable so is easy to find the sweet spot.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
RimaNTSS has already posted, in the thread, advising him to do exactly that.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hi st1, the link isn't working :(

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Thanks st 1
Found the thrad, but the link didn't work for me either:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...-180-permanent-installation-for-28-2e.148202/
Looks like the end, of the link, is missing.
Now I just need to find the post mentioning the measurements.
Found the post, and passed the information on, hopefully it wont cost too much to get the dish back in working order.
Thanks for the link st 1, and the time you took to do the measurements.
Not knowing whether you are making your own mount or trying to replace the arms, I have made two different measurements; one is of the actual tubular arms, the other of the distance from reflector to front-of-lnb-holder.

Here are the measurements of the Channel Master Type 180 (Rx only) feed-arms on a -6 degree day, as well as can be done without taking the things apart:

The actual tubular arms

The CM180 has two side arms and a bottom arm.
The side arms are straight except for a flattened bit at the reflector end.
The flattened bit is bent at an angle compared to the arm.
The flattened bit has a hole in it accomodating a screw that attaches it to the reflector.
The end portion of the bottom arm is also bent, but not flattened.
The bottom arm fits into a plastic bracket, which in turn is screwed to the underside of the reflector.
(This is to allow cable to run through the actual tube).

The flattened bit of the side-arms are 70 mm, with the hole for attaching to the reflector 10 mm from the end.
The round part of the side arms as measured from where the 70 mm stops are 1470 mm long.
Both measures are taken in the middle of the (tubular) arm.

The bottom arm has a short leg and a long leg.
The short leg is about 95 mm measured from the back of the dish (and most likely shorter as the plastic bracket has a stop notch).
The long leg is about 1060 mm.

All three legs have welded pieces of metal with threading about 5 mm from the LNB holder end.
This is for the screws that attaches the LNB holder to the legs.

LNB distance

The distance from the front edge at the side of the reflector to the center of the front of the LNB holder is 1495 mm.
The distance from the front edge at the bottom of the reflector to the center of the front of the LNB holder is 1110 mm.

Last edited:
A

archive10

Thanks Captain Jack, hopefully it will help him, but I think he'll require a good engineering firm, to get them made accurately, which could cost more than he probably paid for the dish !!!!!!!!
...they are actually available as a spare part. A bit expensive, but they are brand new. I can check my pricing a little later tonight. can you share the link to he other forum, perhaps? or the name, i can search for it if you dont want to leave links.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It's on techwatch.co.uk, the poster is TREER, and he posted in someone elses thread:
Code:
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/26513-channel-master-1-8m-dish-3.html#post630547