Crankshaft vibration pulley damper

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
The above went on my old Peugeot Friday, at first I thought it was the bottom end:eek:, it turns out to be an easy fix and the hardest part is working out were the alternator belt runs,

Half hour work and back on the road :), break pads and discs next job:).
DSCN5749.JPG

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Which engine was that from? It looks very similar to one I changed.

I changed the pulley on the Xsara (HDi engine) four years ago. We had been on a short touring holiday within a holiday in August starting and finishing in France. We went through Andorra, down Spain to Gibraltar and back in seven days.

I had noticed a slight noise when coming back through Andorra but by the time we got to Montpellier it quite noticeable. The noise went away (!) when I turned the A/C off so we continued slowly on using ordinary roads. Unfortunately by the time we got to Nimes even that didn't work We took the final forty five miles quite gently indeed.

Back at base we were joined by some friends who were able to run me into Orange where I was able to buy a new pulley. Prices of car spares in France are much greater than in the UK and it was nearly twice what I would have paid normally.

However, needs must. Back at home I went to work on the grass surface and in a surprisingly short time had changed the pulley. My friends were very impressed as they imbibed wine at the outside table as I worked!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yeah these dual mass pulleys tend to fall apart very quickly from the initial noise. Easy to replace though...

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Yes Paul, HDi engine, only last week my next door neighbours went, he has a Citroen van same part number as my old 206.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Goes on the 1.4,1.6 diesels, done so many of them i've lost count. Down in Leicesterland there lots of those french diesels around especially as they go in the fords now.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Goes on the 1.4,1.6 diesels, done so many of them i've lost count. Down in Leicesterland there lots of those french diesels around especially as they go in the fords now.
I did not realise one thing when I bought the part, if the belt breaks, it will damage the new part, I will go and get a new belt tomorrow, that's trying to save a few £:-dohyou could in the older days:).

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
We dont change the belt Martin unless it looks visually damaged.