Panasonic Sky Digibox
Aston Simba Easy HD with Fransat
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Philips 42PFL8404H MHEG tv
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
I have always had problems with the 7 Day EPG on Astra 28 only being able to see "now and next" programmes...it works fine on 3A,19A Hotbird etc; even though some have only 4 or 5 Day EPGs.
I downloaded your file John and it works fine as a standalone...but when I changed the 11426H radio file in my Channel listing (as described by Briangw earlier and used the exact same parameters as you have in your EU-CHDB150412 file) I still only have the "now and next " info.
I have the latest firmware and software and Setedit proramme and have tried changing my Disec setting to no avail...there must be something else I am missing.
Any ideas anyone?

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
irishtaff said:
I have always had problems with the 7 Day EPG on Astra 28 only being able to see "now and next" programmes...it works fine on 3A,19A Hotbird etc; even though some have only 4 or 5 Day EPGs.
I downloaded your file John and it works fine as a standalone...but when I changed the 11426H radio file in my Channel listing (as described by Briangw earlier and used the exact same parameters as you have in your EU-CHDB150412 file) I still only have the "now and next " info.
I have the latest firmware and software and Setedit proramme and have tried changing my Disec setting to no avail...there must be something else I am missing.
Any ideas anyone?
I vaguely remember someone else struggling to get the UK 7-day guide to work in a multi-Sat installation, and we came to the conclusion that it would only work if dedicated to 28.2E. If you can be bothered to test this theory, backup your current setup, and then delete the other Sats and see what happens.

irishtaff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 110cm dish
Motorised Fortec Star 90cm dish
Static Zone 2 sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion+HD
Panasonic Sky Digibox
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
briangw said:
I vaguely remember someone else struggling to get the UK 7-day guide to work in a multi-Sat installation, and we came to the conclusion that it would only work if dedicated to 28.2E. If you can be bothered to test this theory, backup your current setup, and then delete the other Sats and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply Briangw...I just tried your suggestion but got the same results, it got me wondering what might happen if I used the freeesat epg file I downloaded from this post and modified it to add another Sat (19E) scanned a channel and returned to 28E and still have the full epg there!
It's a bit of a puzzle but will post here if I ever sort it out.

welshy2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Swansea
Just registered to download the channel list, Brian, Llew, John - thank you. Great forum, going to learn how to add S4C for the rugby!

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Here is my latest freesat Channel List for anybody thats interested.

It includes fixes for some regions of ITV1 HD which changed to DVB-S2 recently, Channel 4 HD doing the reverse because of 4seven, plus various other frequency changes including S4C.

It also includes 24 temporary Olympic channels provided by the BBC. I have provided the SD versions, rather than the HD versions for 2 reasons. Firstly, on a personal note, I am not able to receive 12 of the HD channels here in SE Spain because they being broadcast on a North Beam. Secondly, the SD versions are broadcast 8 to a Mux, so there is more chance of recording (up to 2) and watching another channel, if there happens to be any significant (to me) event clashes.

Attachments

• Freesat Channel List.zip
    21 KB · Views: 159

irishtaff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 110cm dish
Motorised Fortec Star 90cm dish
Static Zone 2 sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion+HD
Panasonic Sky Digibox
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the Freesat Channel List .zip briangw...it works fine except that I can only see 7-Day EPGs for regional BBC1 HD, Channel Islands, ITV1 HD Scotland and NW,and ITV Channel Islands most of the others show no EPG at all and some, like ITV Cental S and E and ITV1+1 Wales show "now and next" only when selected.
Similarly BBC2 England is 7Day whereas BBC2 Wales, Scotland and NI show no EPG at all.
Is this possibly because you use a freesat receiver to scan the frequencies perhaps and my fortec star can't read them properly? It's all a bit of a puzzle to me.
I scanned in the 24 Olympic HD channels thinking there would be no problems here in Ireland receiving the Northern beam .. but the results are pretty dissapointing with very stuttery/freeze frame pictures whilst the audio is OK and I get good signal and quality figures around 70/90. I have now reverted to SD.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
irishtaff said:
I scanned in the 24 Olympic HD channels thinking there would be no problems here in Ireland receiving the Northern beam .. but the results are pretty dissapointing with very stuttery/freeze frame pictures whilst the audio is OK and I get good signal and quality figures around 70/90. I have now reverted to SD.

You are the second person to report this problem in the last couple of days - there is obviously a problem with the Fortecs and the BBC Olympic HD channels on some receivers

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
irishtaff said:
Thanks for the Freesat Channel List .zip briangw...it works fine except that I can only see 7-Day EPGs for regional BBC1 HD, Channel Islands, ITV1 HD Scotland and NW,and ITV Channel Islands most of the others show no EPG at all and some, like ITV Cental S and E and ITV1+1 Wales show "now and next" only when selected.
Similarly BBC2 England is 7Day whereas BBC2 Wales, Scotland and NI show no EPG at all.
Is this possibly because you use a freesat receiver to scan the frequencies perhaps and my fortec star can't read them properly? It's all a bit of a puzzle to me.
You need to set LOGICAL CHANNEL NO to OFF (and obviously UK 7-day EPG to ON which I assume you have done). Some regional channels will still not have a full 7-day EPG because they are not yet officially on Freesat

irishtaff said:
See the other thread reporting this issue.

Radecx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish receiving from Astra 19.2E and Astra 28.2E, Fortec Star HD Passion+, Asus 6VM PC, Windows XP
My Location
Southern England
Good evening Briangw.

I use a Fortec Passion plus HD decoder taking signals from satellites Astra 28.2E and 19.2E via quad LNB (Wistron Universal 10.70 -12.75 Ghz) and a fixed 80cm dish. Passion loader v1.5.0 and Firmware v1.0.3. Location south coast Dorset.

I have followed this and the previous thread dealing with missing HD channels on 28.2 and, using your original channel list, was able to recover the BBC and ITV HD channels. Thanks.

However, immediately after uploading the channel list, I found that for some reason on 19.2E, the Eurosport D channel, on which we had watched the US Open only days before, had disappeared and despite numerous attempts - following the instructions on the Eurosport D thread - I have been unable to find this channel again. All other channels from 19.2 appear as before. I would add that there is a second quad LNB on the dish successfully feeding a second TV (Technomate decoder not HD) and that continues to supply the Eurosport D channel successfully. I have checked that the various settings are as recommended in the Eurosport thread and have punched in the recommended frequency 12226H/27500 numerous times (message appears stating already listed) and tried various LNB settings including 10600 (though the full recommended setting 9750/10600 was not offered - just 10600).

I have persevered as far as my limited understanding has enabled me to progress using the very helpful data on this forum - but now I really do need the guidance of an expert - particularly as my more recent efforts have lost the previous 28.2 HD settings (!) which I will try and restore later from your most recent channel list but it is Eurosport which is the prime concern at the moment.

I should be most grateful for your help.

Radecx

Radecx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish receiving from Astra 19.2E and Astra 28.2E, Fortec Star HD Passion+, Asus 6VM PC, Windows XP
My Location
Southern England
Further to my posting above - it appears that during my efforts to update my HD channels, I somehow turned off my DiSEqC settings and didn't notice. Now fixed, thank you.

Timbobb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar passion hd
My Location
Northern Ireland
If anyone needs this I updated Llew's freesat list with the new bbc one and bbc hd settings. Thanks for updated program list it was excellent.

Timbobb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar passion hd
My Location
Northern Ireland
Must have done something wrong. Cannot seem to upload zip file. Whilst it is not on list it was same format as I downloaded earlier. If I can work it out I will upload.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Tim, it may be because you're a new member with only a few posts. You'll also find that you can't PM anyone or edit certain details yet. The forum sofware limits the amount of useabilty you have to try to stymie spammers.

A few more posts and a couple of weeks will see you OK.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be able to upload the file now, as you're obviously not a spammer.:)

multis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar
My Location
Ireland
lost since the last avaialable list
BBC1 HD
BBC HD
ITV1 HD
C4HD
CBS reality
Movies4Men
VintageTV
Music R&B
S4CDigidoI

If I change the settings to 10847 V 23000 I receive no signal.
Does this mean my original LNB isn't right?
Should I wait for other list or reset the box and rescan?

Thanks for advice

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

bob_r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
43cm dish, fortec star passion receiver, Toshiba 37" full HD TV, windows XP Toshiba Tecra Laptop
My Location
Milton Keynes, UK
hi I guess I need some approved posts before I can get the lists

bob_r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
43cm dish, fortec star passion receiver, Toshiba 37" full HD TV, windows XP Toshiba Tecra Laptop
My Location
Milton Keynes, UK
Hi, I have lost signal on all of my HD channels, should the latest channel list cure this?
Box is Fortec Star Passion + HD.

thanks for any help or suggestions.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Bob if you have lost all signal that may indicate a deeper problem, eg a misaligned dish, loose coax cable from the dish, or a damaged cable that has allowed water in.

bob_r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes, UK
thanks for the response Analoguesat, I have found a single a couple of HD stations further down my list, one of which is ITV 1,
but although listed, the BBC HD channels and Channel 4 HD, show me the info panel, but report no signal.....