Digital+ Spain

Flipit

Reaction score
Ok, not sure if this is the right place, so bump if need be.

I'm subscribed to D+ here in Spain.

I want to record some channels on my PC. I have FireDTV-S sat decoder and an oldish (year or so I think) T-REX CAM.

Q1. Should the TREX be able to decrypt nagra3 with the original sub card inserted. (Seems all the channels change encryption just as I want to view them ?)

Q2. If not is there a CAM (Diablo? or other) that will ?

Thanks

Phill

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the card is tied to the box it was activated in. So you would probably need to get some numbers from your box somehow and put them on the CAM.

mcdet8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + hd ,and technomate 5500 ci super reciever astra 28.2 E
My Location
Leicestershire
we have the canal+ card, full paid subscription and are currently viewing it using our technomate box, 19.2e with a trex cam, predator 3.65. We did orginally use the card in the original box but got sick of changing language and its been working in the technomate for three weeks, not sure about the "stay alive signal".

Hope this helps

Flipit

Reaction score
Thanks, and yes I can confirm it also. I've now managed to test it with a T-REX running Pred 2.34 and all channels in my package decode when the card is inserted into the CAM ina FireDTV-S Floppy PC decoder.

Odd thing is the card menu in the Pred CI reports the card as being SECA. I thought they ran on nagra3 now... maybe it's becuase of the old pred file, but would be nice to know why. Don't have a programmer so I can upload a new pred file to see if it make any difference.

Thanks for the info.

Phill