Digitalb receiver problems

steve3123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 sky doggyboxes FTA
My Location
birmingham
i have the digitalb sat receiver model ods 3000c diseqc without a remote i wanna use it to pick up the FTA stuff on astra 2d is it possible to get into the menu's without the remote? I have a universal one, but alas it aint that universal as it wont work it! 'O'-red
I have a spare 'sky' mini dish if i point that at 19' would it pick up anything?

thanx

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Can't answer your query regarding the remote but have you checked the manual or even googled it?

Check lyngsat.com for what size dish you need for Astra 1 (19E).

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
steve3123 said:
i have the digitalb sat receiver model ods 3000c diseqc without a remote i wanna use it to pick up the FTA stuff on astra 2d is it possible to get into the menu's without the remote? I have a universal one, but alas it aint that universal as it wont work it! 'O'-red
I have a spare 'sky' mini dish if i point that at 19' would it pick up anything?

thanx

Can't advise on the receiver, but a minidish should pull in Astra1 at 19.2e, but it'll be touch and go, especially in bad weather, with a minidish unless it's a 60CM Zone 2 dish. Personally I'd go for an 80CM dish, that way you should get a decent signal even in the worst weather...