Distance between LNBs

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cheap piece of junk Spanish (Tecatel) 120cm(x110) dish, Inverto Ultra twin LNB and Sky HD box.
My Location
Valencia (city)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I use those here and they are great - easy to adjust and pretty firm as long as you do the bolts up tight :D

The only thing to watch is some lnbs dont have a long enough neck to allow those to attach once the lnb holder on the dish is on.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I have the exact same LNB holder on a 90cm dish and it does about 12-14 degrees so it might just fit on a 1.1m, or it might not... either way it'll be close.

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cheap piece of junk Spanish (Tecatel) 120cm(x110) dish, Inverto Ultra twin LNB and Sky HD box.
My Location
Valencia (city)
Cheers. I'll be using an Inverto permium and ultra (both dual feed). Is this model wide enough for 9 degrees?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
The LNBs will be at the opposite ends of the bar so any type of LNB would fit as long as there is enough neck to strap the holder to. The only question is if the bar is long enough for a 1.1m dish (the bigger the dish the further away the LNBs will need to be).

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia (city)
The LNBs will be at the opposite ends of the bar so any type of LNB would fit as long as there is enough neck to strap the holder to. The only question is if the bar is long enough for a 1.1m dish (the bigger the dish the further away the LNBs will need to be).

Anyone know how to calculate?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For 7 quid just take the punt. It'll come in useful elsewhere at some point if it doesnt fit :D

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
For 7 quid just take the punt. It'll come in useful elsewhere at some point if it doesnt fit :D
True, I have a couple of spares in the cupboard, just in case I need them...

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
Or get a second, identical one and using two of the large securing nuts & bolts of one of the holders to join both brackets together to extend its range.

I remember seeing a video on YouTube from an Irish satellite dealer using such a bracket on either an 80cm or 90cm dish to get 28 East & 9 East for Saorsat and Freesat/UK FTA channels using two lnbs (Ka for Saorsat) so I'd say if that bracket can cover nearly 20 degrees on that size of dish, I don't think 9 degrees on a 1.1m dish should be a problem. But that's just an educated guess from myself.

Edit: YT video in question with 80cm dish...

Last edited:

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Or get a second, identical one and using two of the large securing nuts & bolts of one of the holders to join both brackets together to extend its range.

A good idea. These bars are fairly flexible too so you can carefully shape them to the right angle so the LNB looks at the centre of the dish.

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia (city)

I remember seeing a video on YouTube from an Irish satellite dealer using such a bracket on either an 80cm or 90cm dish to get 28 East & 9 East for Saorsat and Freesat/UK FTA channels using two lnbs (Ka for Saorsat) so I'd say if that bracket can cover nearly 20 degrees on that size of dish, I don't think 9 degrees on a 1.1m dish should be a problem. But that's just an educated guess from myself.

Edit: YT video in question with 80cm dish...

Cheers for this - that's a lot of degrees of separation!

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 1 sky type dish with quad lnb @28.2e, zone 2 sky dish with octo lnb @ 19.2e and Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
Can't remember where I found it but:
Let L= dish focal length - if you don't know then use centre of dish to lnb
Let a = azimuth angular difference between offset sat and focal one.
Let d = spacing of LNB (from centres)

Equation:-

d= L x tan(a)

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Impressve stuff there.

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 1 sky type dish with quad lnb @28.2e, zone 2 sky dish with octo lnb @ 19.2e and Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
Piltdownpaul: thanks very much for those images. I am only using zinwell quad and octo lnbs with 60mm caps but your images do convince me that I should be able to get 19.2 and 13 using my lnbs on a zone 2.

Thanks.