Advice Needed DM7020 not moving motor - time to bin?

ilpresident

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020, Stab HH120, Multiboot - OoZoon, Enigma 2 PCD 9, Nemesis
My Location
Malta
You don't have a switch of some kind before the motor do you?

And measuring the DC voltage while not under any type of DC load will not tell you much, try it with a 60 ohm 10 watt resistor inline, one end inserted into the LNB input connector the other to ground, this will put a 250 mA load (at 18 volts to the motor) on the power supply to the LNB, (about nominal DC current draw for an H to H motor) if the DC voltage drops more then 8 volts, or goes lower then 12 volts then you have a FUBAR receiver and would need a new one.

Thanks for your input! I think it will be really helpful to try this experiment.

My setup does not have any switches. I only have one LNB connected to the rotor and around 20 metres of cable. So, the resistor goes in the LNB and the other end I can put it to ground with the LNB arm (for example). Then I set the STB to try and turn the rotor so that the voltage is on. Did I get everything right, as I don't want to increase the receiver's FUBAR-ness :-). As it is I can still use it with a fixed dish and maybe two LNB's or a dual.

Thanks.