Newbie Here Does anyone know this SKY decoder?

Cle er Sleazoid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I don't know, sorry
My Location
Brazil
Hello, people.

I'm from Brazil, and I'm experiencing some problems with my decoder. I would like to ask you if anyone knows this kind of decoder:
Code:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ckkRO4BFUHo/Tmp65M5YZyI/AAAAAAAAB9k/6QuQTLKzCQE/s1600/sky-hdtv-baixa.jpeg

I need this information in order to post properly on the right sections/threads. I don't even know what I should fill on satellite setup field.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Cle er Sleazoid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I don't know, sorry
My Location
Brazil
I see... thanks. I'll try to post there.
For real, I need to fix hard disk problems (maybe removing the hd to use a computer program like scandisk), so it doesn't necessarily need to have something to do with other receivers.
I've tried to ask stuff on a lot of Brazilian forums. Nobody has a clue. I think the main drawback is the filesystem, so I thought that there could be some expert in another country which could know something I don't.
Do you know if there is any other country which uses a similar filesystem on the receivers hard disks (maybe even on DirecTV)?

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The easiest way to save your recordings as mentioned on the other thread is just to buy a cheap dvd recorder.

There is software used here in the UK for Sky UK - some info here

http://chrisbryson.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/extract-recordings-from-sky-box.html

but it only works on recordings from free channels. It wont work on encrypted recordingas as they are decrypted during playback off the hard drive.

A receiver hard drive is not designed for long term archiving of content, and a better archiving place would be preferable in future.

A nonymous

Reaction score
If its like the UK one you just replace the drive and then go into the engineers menu to initialize the new drive. If you need to copy old recordings i believe their is a program called copy+ which works with the UK boxes. No idea if it would work with yours.

Nano

Cle er Sleazoid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I don't know, sorry
My Location
Brazil
Thanks for the answer. I don't know about engineers menu... I just know diagnostic mode menu, which I've used to find out the hd problem.
I would like to just fix hd data to be able to use it in the receiver again, it doesn't necessarily have to copy recordings. I think the unknown filesystem is the only drawback, since I already know how to unlock the hd encryption. Some people say that sky hd (at least in Brazil) is formatted with some kind of linux format. Don't know if it's true.
It would be a lot easier if the receiver could scandisk it or something like that... maybe there is some kind of secret menu I'm still not aware of.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Standard Linux Formats are Ext3, Ext4 these days.

Cle er Sleazoid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I don't know, sorry
My Location
Brazil
Thanks for the answer. Well, I don't know, but they say it's Linux Native 83. I have no idea of what this means, since I just use Windows, I don't even know if that is a filesystem. However, people say it may not be that format, since a lot of proprietary partitions are misindentified as Linux Native 83.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I see: Not heard of Linux Native 83, so have just Googled it. Lots of useful information there.

Cle er Sleazoid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I don't know, sorry
My Location
Brazil
Oh, thank you all.
I don't know a thing about Linux. Actually I can't connect sky hdd because my pc is broken (I'm using my laptop right now). I still have to buy a SATA/IDE-to-USB cable. When I buy that cable or fix my pc (that should be a better option, since some people say sky hdd only works if it's the only hd connected to the pc), I'll try to install some Linux distribution (do you have any recommendations?) to try to fix my sky hard disk with the help of some scandisk-like program.
As I said before, I can't confirm if it's really a Linux Native 83, since people say a lot of proprietary partitions are identified as that. Some people say that even running Linux, they can't manage to mount sky hdd. I might have to use an USB flash drive with Linux, maybe. I'm not sure.