Dreambox 500S clone

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Apparently there is a dreambox DM500S clone on the market.

Anybody got one? :-Cbigsmil

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
More information please...

:-snowman

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
From dreammultimedia's website:

ww.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/dm500_copy_eng.php

Picture of clone and orginal remote and mainboard available above:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=51028http://www.greatdvb.com/dreambox-receiver-dm500s.htm
Dreambox China factory???
ww.greatdvb.com/dreambox-receiver-dm500s.htm

DM 500
Information about available plagiarisms of the Dreambox DM 500and distinctive features to the original

deutsche Version
We like to inform all our customers and dealers that there are illegal copies of the Dreambox DM 500 on offer.
It seems to be an authentic but cheap reproduction of the device.
Alone the remote control is different from the original

Major differences to be found in the quality of used material and the workmanship.
The duplicates are poorly coated and badly processed. An older release of the DM 500 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified.

The name “Dreambox” is a registered trade mark and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia.
We do not issue a guarantee nor shall be liable for any damages caused by our original software to these faked items.

We will take legal action against the manufacturers, distributors, and providers of the Dreambox-copies

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
I am interested to know the price they are selling these and the performance of the clone vis a vis an original one!!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
cfphoenix said:
I am interested to know the price they are selling these and the performance of the clone vis a vis an original one!!!

Hopefully only because you then would condem the evil copying bastards.

Seriously, I would be very sad if the appearance of cheap clones would damage the original company as I had nothing but joy from their receiver...

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Agree! My guess is that the clone will be sold at the same price but with lower performance.
Although dreammultimedia offers minimal support for its product, the chinese copycat offers NONE!

I also used a 5620, 7020 and 7000 and enjoyed my experience with 'original' receivers.

Hopefully dreammultimedia will further improve its products to make its technology very hard to copy!

Happy Christmas

Edit: Also came across this one! Are these copies legal??? Breach of DreamMultimedia's patent etc??

_http://www.topcrown.cn/

meanmark-x

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I'm looking for a dreambox 500s
My Location
Stourbridge
Hi, does anyone sell drembox 500s original?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Good grief no - they were discontinued 2 or 3 years ago. :D