Ste ieSte ieSte ie

Reaction score
Website
onceuponastevie.tumblr.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
My Location
UK
Hey, I have a Dreambox fully working how i want it, but i noticed an output on the tuner, having two new tv sets in the house with LNB/Satalite inputs on them i was thinking i wonder if?

so i have connected everything up as shown in the diagram.... i think ive set the tv's up to the correct settings as i seem to be getting over 300 channels come through but mostly scrambled and i get a No CI Module Message, My signal strength and quality are acceptable too so im wondering if this is actually possible?

im either thinking the tuner output doesn't go through the unscrambling process or could be a setting on the dreambox to push it through ?

2moroep.jpg

Even if i could get just get what im watching on the dreambox through the tv's i would be happy enough using only the satellite cables

any help would be apprichated

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your image doesnt show here - its only visible to logged in members of the digital kaos forum.

Can you upload it here so we can see it please

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
From this you have the 2 tvs split from the loop out of the dreambox?

To be honest ideally you want separate cable runs from the lnb to each tuner. A passive splitter will never work properly as an lnb is an active device.

Any lnb has 4 states

Hi band V
Hi band H
Lo band V
Lo band H

The H/V is switched by means of a 13/18 voltage change with 18volts changing the lnb to H

Hi/lo band is changed with a 22khz tone squirted up the cable.

So if you are watching a vertical channel on tv 1 and someone puts on a horizontal channel on tv 2 you lose the picture on tv 1 as no matter what you do 18v overrides the 13v tv1 needs for its channel.

You also have the added problem that the tvs are running from the output loop of the dreambox. The DB will need to be in standby for the loop through to even begin to work properly if its on you will only get a limited subset of channels.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Since you presumably have a 4 in one lnb ..and only 2 outputs are in use ..
(assumed)
Then the best way forward is to get some more cable and F connectors and connect the 2 TVs directly to the spare lnb outs ..
Thus giving full control of band switching H/V to each device.
Yes it would require a bit of work ..but worth it imo.
Only the box with the genuine sub card would descramble of course ...but you would get the fta and freesat channels on all else.
rgds
VS

Attachments

• rewire.JPG
    rewire.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 52