Dreambox 800SE glitching with local card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted and I hope i'm not breaking any rules in asking this question.

I have a DM800SE clone with a local Sky card inserted. Recently, I have been getting glitches on some of the chanells which I pay for.

I have checked and I receive them at hop 0. Why would this be?

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
At the end of the day the only guaranteed way to have problem free viewing is to use the card in a proper Sky UK receiver.

Its known that Sky UK are tinkering with the encryption specifically to stop card sharing.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sky are messing with the encryption as previously stated by AS. Most of the HD channels can no longer be viewed unless you use the original Sky Digibox as the Sky viewing card has been hardware paired to the Sky receiver. There is also talk that Sky are using a different video codec on some of their channels which up to now cannot be decoded by any Enigma 2 firmware.

If you can get a new Free HD box from Sky then that’s the way I would go. There is a good chance we could lose the ability to view our cards in third party receivers in the very near future.

There is little point in keeping this thread open as your question has been answered. There is at this moment in time nothing you can do to stop the glitching.

With that been said I will now close this thread

Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.