Dreambox and 3D Channels

manu06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 HD + TNTSAT (HD channels)
My Location
Antibes, France
Hi All,

I have read that in the UK a 3D channel is now available.

I am wondering if someone who owns a 3D HDTV and a dreambox HD has been able to watch this 3D channel ?

Do you know if the Dreambox is 3D ready or will be 3D ready via software upgrade (like the PS3) ?

Do you know if CCcam can clear this channel ?

So many questions... :confused
I just need to be a little more convinced to pre-order the newest Panasonic. :D

Thanks for any info you can provide !

Regards,
Manu

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I do not have a 3D TV but my DM800 and DM8000 both show the channel using CCcam and my local card.
There is nothing extra needed in the Dreambox. You just need a 3D TV.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I don't know much about 3D and don't intend to find out too much either. I don't fancy sitting in my lounge watching TV with goggles!!! LOL.

Having said that' If the PS3 can be upgraded with a software, then the dreambox should have no problem either. It will be a matter of whether DreamMultiMedia will do the software release. I suggest you go to their website and raise the question directly with them - they have a page where you can raise a support question. Response is a bit slow (about a week), but you will get an answer.

manu06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Antibes, France
Interesting... So how does it look like without a 3D HDTV ?
Is the image quality as good as any other HD channel or do you see the superposition of pictures, one for each eye at a slightly different position ?

Thanks

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
The DBoxes as far as I know can handel 3D format, what one would need is a 3D Telly and either a Passive Polarised glasses (which will be rather cheap) or an Active shutter glasses which are slightly bulky, since they have batteries and a transmitter to sync with on screen display rate.

moelikepie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
iMac 20".
Custom HTPC.
DM800 HD.
Full Sky HD Irish Package.
My Location
ireland
with the my dm800 onto a non 3d tv, the images look like this _http://www.john.geek.nz/index.php/category/projects/3d-photography/

manu06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Antibes, France
moelikepie said:
with the my dm800 onto a non 3d tv, the images look like this _http://www.john.geek.nz/index.php/category/projects/3d-photography/

If I understand well the 3D signal from the DB displayed by a non 3D HDTV looks like 2 distinct images...
And I really hope that this signal is compatible with a native 3D HDTV ! I'll check that with the DB support.

manu06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Antibes, France
This is what I have found on the web, the article is dated on the 19th of march 2010:

Dream Multimedia: "Bestens vorbereitet, um 3-D zu unterstützen"

[vo] Leipzig - Der Anbieter Linux-basierter Set-Top-Boxen, Dream Multimedia, schaut sich derzeit die Entwicklung hinsichtlich 3-D noch an, sieht sich jedoch bereits auf die neuen Entwicklungen im dreidimensionalen Bereich bestens vorbereitet.

"Dream Multimedia schaut sich natürlich die Entwicklungen hinsichtlich 3-D genau an. Spannend dürfte hierbei sein, wie Sky 3-D-HD nun umsetzen wird", so Alpaslan Karasu, Geschäftsführer von Dream Multimedia.

"Allerdings steht die Entwicklung des dreidimensionalen Fernsehens noch am Anfang. Es gibt zum Beispiel keine Spezifikation, die 3-D genau beschreibt. So ist beispielsweise nicht festgelegt, in welcher Auflösung 3-D gesendet wird", so Karasu. "Mit unseren Dreamboxen und dem offenen Linux-Betriebssystem sind wir jedenfalls bestens vorbereitet, um auch 3-D zu unterstützen."

Google's translation:

Dream Multimedia: "Well-prepared in order to support 3-D"

[Vo] Leipzig - The provider of Linux-based set-top boxes, Dream Multimedia, look at present regarding the development of 3-D yet, but already looks to the new developments in three-dimensional field well prepared.

"Dream Multimedia watching developments closely, of course, with regard to 3-D. Exciting is likely to be here, like 3-D Sky-HD is now implementing," said Alpaslan Karasu, Managing Director of Dream Multimedia.

However, the development of three-dimensional television is still in its beginning. For example, there is no specification, the 3-D describes exactly.'s Example does not specify what resolution is sent in 3-D," said Karasu. "Our dream boxes and the open Linux operating system we are certainly well prepared to support 3-D."

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
If the box is already capable of displaying the image, what is there to 'support' Surely it already works ?

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
some chinese press have said some 1 is releasing a cheap version of glasses / interface that can be used with a non 3dtv,

reading the info a month or so ago it is basically the same as the system used atm, but the frame rate half's to 25fps,
reason is that all 50 frames are used but 25per sec per eye! the glasses has filters that flickers left eye then right eye in turn
this wil give u the 3d effect and can apparently be used with a normal tv (but states not a lcd tv because of the filters allready in lcd sets)

there is some box that interprits the info and sits between ur scart input (or hdmi cant remember)

seemed all interesting stuff! weather its going to be seen in uk is another thing tho!!!!

ian

centralrock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Db 7020 , DB 8000 x 2
My Location
ESP
yes ccam clears this channel but on a non 3d tv looks like moelikepie says . i will report back as soon i get a LED 3d HD Tv from Samsung how looks
Regards

manu06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Antibes, France
I just received a couple of hours ago my new panasonic VT20 (3D).

I did a quick test with my dreambox (DM500 HD) tuned on the RG 2010 3D channel which is a live channel of the Roland Garros tennis cup and guess what... it works !!!

I had nothing to configure on the dreambox, just had to enable the 3D on the panasonic.