Dual Sky Recording

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Hi All,

I'm wondering if a 7025 with Dual Tuners would permit dual recording (or simultaneous recording / playback) of Sky Channels using a single valid sky subscription card, ala Sky+? I've googled the site back to early 2007 but noone seems to have asked this specific question?

TIA!

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
if you are asking if it will record two programs on 28.2 at the same time yes it will but you will need two dishes pointing at 28.2.
i record two programs 28.2 and 19e easy enough.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Yes, I would be looking to record two encrypted channels on the 28.2 constellation.
Do I really need two dishes? I've got a Quad LNB?

Cheers!

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Digital.Diablo said:
Do I really need two dishes? I've got a Quad LNB?
Thats fine for what you want to do, so long as you are only pointed at one sat,

To get the most out of the Dreambox, I would suggest you go motorized at some point. Maybe have one motorized dish and one fixed on 28.2E.

A

Anonymous-A

I find from my experience that while it is possible to record two streams from 28.2 in the Dreambox, the Dreambox will only decode one at a time if both streams are encrypted.

So in my case with my Irish card I can quite happily record say RTÉ One (encrypted) and BBC 1 London (FTA). I can't record RTÉ One and Sky1 together. The dreambox will only decode one Sky channel at a time. The second or later recording is blank.