echostar ad3000IPVA and french analouge channels on 5w - sound problem

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3000ipva and LIDL SL65 on a Wavefrontier t55. Long live analogue sparkles.
My Location
smallest country on the Iberian peninsula
I should have gone with my instincts on this one...

I thought, but was not 100% certain, that entering new TPs would delete the current ones, and this is exactly what happened. The new entry removed channel TMC (Tele Monte Carlo). This was on 11456 V.

I am confused about what a TP means.
I thought that it was a frequency (or block of frequencies centred on a frequency) that held several channels. However, the Echostar unit assigns a TP to an individual channel, which is why TMC has disappeared. The receiver had 11456 V assigned to channel 1, (which displayed TMC). I changed this entry for channel 1 to TP 11512 V, and TMC was gone. The message was "no signal".

I appreciate that this thread has moved a little away from pure analouge discussion, but I would be grateful if you would bear with me. If this place in inappropriate then I can start another one elsewhere.

/edit: HI, Llew - I have just read your reply whilst editing. I did not know there was a difference between the analouge & digital TPs.

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3000ipva and LIDL SL65 on a Wavefrontier t55. Long live analogue sparkles.
My Location
ahah.

I have found the different buttons for analouge and digi.

As you noted, the menu asks for :
TP
Polorisation
symbol rate
FEC

I found the TP and polorisation on lyngsat but could not see the symbol rate nor FEC, but I think these are really listed as :
SR-FEC
SID-VPID

If I am correct then:
TV 8 Mont Blanc SR: 203 FEC: 321 Audio: 322 F
I could not see a matching entry for SID-VPID, but since there is no entry on the echostar (that I could see) then I won't worry about it.

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I worked out the correct settings from flysat. easier to read:
SR 29947
FEC 7/8
TP 11512 V

However, the digital channel setting on the Echostar only lets me scroll through the current TPs, but I cannot see a way to enter a new one. Which menu is this on?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
qwerty14 said:
I should have gone with my instincts on this one...

I thought, but was not 100% certain, that entering new TPs would delete the current ones, and this is exactly what happened. The new entry removed channel TMC (Tele Monte Carlo). This was on 11456 V.

I am confused about what a TP means.
I thought that it was a frequency (or block of frequencies centred on a frequency) that held several channels. However, the Echostar unit assigns a TP to an individual channel, which is why TMC has disappeared. The receiver had 11456 V assigned to channel 1, (which displayed TMC). I changed this entry for channel 1 to TP 11512 V, and TMC was gone. The message was "no signal".

I appreciate that this thread has moved a little away from pure analouge discussion, but I would be grateful if you would bear with me. If this place in inappropriate then I can start another one elsewhere.

/edit: HI, Llew - I have just read your reply whilst editing. I did not know there was a difference between the analouge & digital TPs.

Yes, you must use the correct menu for each system. This swaps the signal inputs to the appropriate tuner.

You shouldn't lose TMC - I've just added a couple of extra TP's to mine on that bird, TMC remains intact. Maybe your channel data is full in your box; in which case just delete a few unwanted ones on any satellite.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
qwerty14 said:
I worked out the correct settings from flysat. easier to read:
SR 29947
FEC 7/8
TP 11512 V

However, the digital channel setting on the Echostar only lets me scroll through the current TPs, but I cannot see a way to enter a new one. Which menu is this on?

6-6-1 (advanced installation)

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Don't worry - Found out how to do it :D
I scanned and it found TV8 Mont Blanc. Also, I have added the TP with Canel Algerie. However, it found a couple of encrtpted channels that I won't watch. Is there a way to remove specific channels on a TP?

(I am starting to get the hang of this and its starting to be fun!)

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Answer found: Menu / Edit / Edit TV channels / select channel and press red button twice.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
yah. The Echostar IP3000's are really lovely receivers, if a bit dated in their software nowadays. Until I got my dreambox nothing else that I tried came close to the way the Echo operated.

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
From memory (I dont have my 3000 connected up at the moment) frequency additions are in the transponder edit menu (menu 6 6 1 I think)

You also have to change the disecq switch setting in TWO menu's - not a clever bit of design there from Echostar. Cant remember where they are - as I said earlier its been a while since I used it.

I set this up yesterday and presumed that it had worked until I spent most of today trying to find something on LNB2, but got nothing. Next, I plugged the working 5W LNB into LNB2 connector on the switch and changed the entries in the Echostar. I get nothing from LNB2 :(

The switch I have has written on it:
Manufacturer: Velleman
Model number: ANTSWT2
Frequency range: 900-2400Mhz
Insertion Loss: 3dB
Power Passing: 500mA max
4 x DisEq switch
Compatible with DISC qC 2.0
The companies URL for this is here:
http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?id=364984

Will this work with the Echostar?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The spec says that it works with receivers using DiseqC 2.0, so may not work with the Echostar, although most switches tend to be backward compatible.

qwerty14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
After a little bit of fiddeling (errors on my behalf) I have 5W working on LNB2 from the switch. My LNB attached to LNB1 on the switch displays nowt, which makes sence because its not pointing in the right place (as far as I can tell).

Cheers all.