Newbie Here First time satelliter ( but not dumb)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can see the signal level, and quality, in the picture, you've posted, but I can't see the figures, at the end of the reading, or how far the bars are across, as the image is cut off.
It looks a little low, to me, but it all depends on your dish size, general location, and the actual figures.
I think you should leave that screen up and gently skew, rotate, the LNB slightly, as well as nudge the dish, to see how high you can get the signal quality reading.

H13bym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4355 evolution
Universal lnb
My Location
Yorks coast
Yes and this is the complete list of frequencies you want

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php
Spent some time keying in the frequencies and voila!! Got plenty channels thanks for the help peeps much appreciated. Incidentally is this how the satellite world is?? I suppose if I'd bought a freesat out the box it would already be configured for the frequencies ? Now just got up sort out the channels in some sort of sensible order. This could get quite addictive knowledge is power!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Pukka Freesat receiver operate in a similar way to Sky boxes. They read a data stream which sets all the channels up on the receiver. They also track changes in frequency.

You will find the 28E minor channels change fairly frequently - if a favoured channel disappears check the Flysat list above to see ifg its mmoved - or ask us - we normally know where its gone :D

Enjoy your channels & you know where we are if you get stuck.

H13bym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4355 evolution
Universal lnb
My Location
Yorks coast
Pukka Freesat receiver operate in a similar way to Sky boxes. They read a data stream which sets all the channels up on the receiver. They also track changes in frequency.

You will find the 28E minor channels change fairly frequently - if a favoured channel disappears check the Flysat list above to see ifg its mmoved - or ask us - we normally know where its gone :D

Enjoy your channels & you know where we are if you get stuck.
Very helpful and patient guys many thanks.

Perseus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cms dish/twin LNB/laptop with broadband router.
My Location
East Midlands
Hi brand new to the world of all things satellite but by no means un technical, just unfamiliar with the technology. Trying to set up a system for my family to use in the caravan as terrestrial dig is very poor here, trying to get yhe free sat channels but getting loads of foreign ones instead with the odd qvc ch 4 etc.. Pretty sure I'm lined up to Astra 28 , but not sure if my box is capable of doing what I want. Kind of acquired it all thru time and now I go to use it I can't get what I want, it all does appear to be right but I feel I'm missing something!

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading!
Hi, H13bym, we are also caravanners, and I have been using one of those little meters and always had a hard time getting onto Astra 2.
The other year, in France, whilst I was faffing around, a Dutchman came onto next pitch. Whilst his wife stood at the van door, he gently tilted his dish back and forth, at the same time turning it. When a picture was on the TV she gave him a call. Now bought a more expensive meter (see my plea for help under Dish set up/satellite meters - Primesat SF-3000.
As another struggling 'dish-pointer' I can feel for your frustration. Hope your luck is better than mine.
Cheers, Perseus.