Freesat.. CI Slot and CAM cards??? NEWBIE LOL

Rudurk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital UK,
Freesat HD - TX-P42G10B
My Location
United Kingdom, England
Right I am really sorry am not spamming or anything since I posted a similar topic before..

Here's my question... I have been googling all sorts of things about Freesat and I have found out that I can use a CAM card in my Panasonic TX-42G10B.. mmm so I was thinking if I get sky multi-room card will I be able to use it with CAM Card insert it into the CI Slot and use it? so I get all the channels I have on my subscription? possible?

coz atm all the pay channels says encrypted on them so if i use a valid card in CAM slot I should be able to use it right?

Rudurk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital UK,
Freesat HD - TX-P42G10B
My Location
United Kingdom, England
Yeah I have been to that thread.. thats where I got the idea of Sky Multi-Room card but wanted to confirm will it work LOL.. Thank you ^^ hopefully someone can help me out on it LOL

Rudurk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital UK,
Freesat HD - TX-P42G10B
My Location
United Kingdom, England
Nothing? Hmm Does that mean it cant be done?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I haven't followed the link but if you're trying to use a multi-room card in a CAM in your TV (assuming you can find a CAM that'll work) $ly won't allow it because you can't connect the TV to a telephone line - a requirement for all receivers in a multi-room subscription.

Rudurk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital UK,
Freesat HD - TX-P42G10B
My Location
United Kingdom, England
Ah I see.. bleh.. guess I got no choice but to just get Multi-room then... there goes £60 LOL + 10£ a month although I was paying 10£ a month for sky player anyways so that'll cover for it I guess.

And just to answer your question does Dragon Cam not allow Sky Card to be inserted... also your right according to the thread it says you need to put the card into a sky box every month to keep it alive.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Rudurk said:
And just to answer your question does Dragon Cam not allow Sky Card to be inserted... also your right according to the thread it says you need to put the card into a sky box every month to keep it alive.
I've never messed around with CAMs and $ly cards but my understanding is that some CAMs currently work with the $ly card but this might change shortly when $ly implement all the new new featues of this latest edition card.

I think you're right that the card has to be returned to a pukka Digibox every month or two.

kunnavakkam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just moving from Freeview to Satellite Dish. Just bought a Technomate 1500 CI+.
My Location
Royston, Hertfordshire
Sorry for any trouble. I am just moving from Freeview box to this satellite viewing. I have just bought TM-1500 CI+ super ( Technomate). I have a SKY dish alreday installed in my flat. I want to get something in TV through this set up. I don't have any viewing card. Can someone help me please.

I was told that TM-1500 CI+ super does not need a viewing card.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It doesn't need a viewing card for Free To Air Channels, no .............