Freesat 'EPG'

Muddywellies

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Moteck SG2100A TM6900HDCombo Invacom SNH-031.
PC stuff nothing special.
My Location
N. Devon, UK
This post is directed to those who don't have a Freesat EPG. IF you don't have a Freesat box with its Electronic Programme Guide is this a deal breaker or simply a mild inconvenience in practice?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Muddywellies said:
This post is directed to those who don't have a Freesat EPG. IF you don't have a Freesat box with its Electronic Programme Guide is this a deal breaker or simply a mild inconvenience in practice?
An inconvenience I'd say, there is always the TV guide in the newspaper or online.

EPG is especially usefull for scheaduling recordings.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I would agree, though I expect if you were used to having a fully functional EPG you would find it very inconvenient, but not ever had one, I'm not bothered at all. I use the TV guide that comes with the Daily Mail on Saturdays. Recording can still be done on PVR capable receivers the conventional way, using start and end times.

An advantage of a non Freesat or especially a non-Sky EPG, is that you can have the channels in whatever order you want.