freesat manual tuning

AMR30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
manchester, england
Hi, just had freesat installed but of course been used to freeview & am gutted that I haven't got virgin1, sky3, fiveus fivelife or dave. It does say that I can tune these in manually if I have the frequencies but I have no idea where to find these, would be grateful for any help, Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well there are various Sites that list the frequencies and other parameters you'd need, in general terms - BUT, the particular Channels you've mentioned are not actually Free To Air (ie Unencrypted) on Satellite anyway, so your Freesat Box is unable to decode them.

Sorry.

All down to Rights Issues which mean "overspill" outside the UK/RoI must be limited. That really doesn't affect DTT in the same way (unless you live in Ramsgate!). It's quite hard to limit Satellite "Footprints" to satisfy Rights Holders, so Encryption is the easiest way to go.

BBC, ITV et al are grouped together on one particular Satellite that has relatively restricted geographical coverage, so can be sent "in the clear", but capacity is limited.

AMR30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
manchester, england
Thanks anyway