help me get bbc in Germany freesat info

expatGermany

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NO SET UP,, ONLY DIGTAL TV, LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AND HELP WITH SATDISH AND RECEIVER FOR ASTRA2D
My Location
GERMANY NRW
HELP HELP HELP!!
Ive been living in Germany for 12 months now and i Have finally got round to trying to sort out some tv channels ,, I have digital tv with limited english channels.
I have had a look on the net and read that the Atstra 2d satallite may help me get a few more free view stations, like bbc and itv.
What do I need ? will any digital receiver do the job and what sizer dish will i need and where should |I position it .
I realise that I am sounding like I dont have a clue, but the truth is ...I dont ,,, but I really need to try and get my bbc and any other english channels ,, so that I can at least stay in touch with my old culture a little and have a little piece of home here to make my life even more pleasurable here in germany.
I look forwrd to reading any helpfull replies and would like to thatnk you in advance for your efforts,
regards, John ( expatGermany )

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Any cheap digital receiver should do the job,with an 80cm dish in NRW.
You can probably get a kit from a decent supermarket / B&Q type place.

Irishmale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fuba 85 dish, fuba LNB, Kathrein UFS 910(BPanther Neutrino), DM800(Nabilo v12), Share....
My Location
NRW, Germany
Hi John
Geetings from sunny Essen. I have just set up my sat dish to watch Match of the Day on a Saturday night!!!
Ok, you will need a dish (approx.85cm) & a digital reciever. This dish can also be used to recieve German tv if you wish to cut your cable fees.
If you wish to recieve Astra 28,2 only, you can do as follows,
1. Take a look at the neighbours dish or one in the area. You will see they usually point what visually appears to be south!!!

2. If you can see another dish, point yours in the same direction & then turn it about 10-15cm to the left as you stand behind it. You will also have to play with elevation a little. About 37° i would say. Then you should have it.

For this option you will need, 1 x standard digital reciever, 1 x LNB, coax cable, 1 x dish min. 85cm. 2 x f-connectors & 1 x insulation cap for the f-connector that is connected to the LNB outside.

The second option is to use a multifeed on your dish for 2 LNBs. This system will allow you to recieve Astra 19,2 & Astra 28,2, i.e. both English & German TV.

1. Point the dish too Astra 19,2(in the direction of 90-100% of the dishes in your area).
2. When you can get German TV without a problem then back to the dish & fasten all you need too.
3. As you stand infront of the dish bend the left side of the multifeed holder about 1cm upwards.
4. Place the second LNB on the multifeed & push it towards the fixed LNB, when you are about 6-7 cms away you will be in the right area. 5.Then its over to fine tuning which i find can be done wonderfully if you buy a small sat finder in your local sat store. e.g. Media Markt, Saturn or even better Conrad(the sales people know what they are talking about & very helpful).
For this option you will need 2 x LNBs, a dish min. 85cm,coax cable, 4 f-connectors, 2 x insulation caps, 1 x multifeed system for your dish, 1 x multiswitch 2 in 1 out(for a one reciever option) & a reciever that has DiSEqC 1.0
Hope this is of some help & have fun setting everything up!!

expatGermany

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NO SET UP,, ONLY DIGTAL TV, LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AND HELP WITH SATDISH AND RECEIVER FOR ASTRA2D
My Location
GERMANY NRW
WOW,, it sounds very complicated,, but im sure it sounds alot harder than it is ,, thank you so much for all the info and taking the time to give it..

I must add essen is not so far from me ,,, maybe you could pop round for coffee or a nice beer( I have guiness draught in cans in my fridge, not something you see very often in this area !!) and help me set it up ... cheeky i know ! but hey !!
Oh , iM IN STADTLOHN .. will let you know when i have all the kit,and i know where to come if i am having problems ,,

dunkin donutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Philips DSR 5005 HD receiver
Fuba 85cm dish, Fuba LNB's, Astra 19.2 and 28.2e
My Location
NRW Germany
Irishmale said:
Hi John
Geetings from sunny Essen. I have just set up my sat dish to watch Match of the Day on a Saturday night!!!
Ok, you will need a dish (approx.85cm) & a digital reciever. This dish can also be used to recieve German tv if you wish to cut your cable fees.
If you wish to recieve Astra 28,2 only, you can do as follows,
1. Take a look at the neighbours dish or one in the area. You will see they usually point what visually appears to be south!!!

2. If you can see another dish, point yours in the same direction & then turn it about 10-15cm to the left as you stand behind it. You will also have to play with elevation a little. About 37° i would say. Then you should have it.

For this option you will need, 1 x standard digital reciever, 1 x LNB, coax cable, 1 x dish min. 85cm. 2 x f-connectors & 1 x insulation cap for the f-connector that is connected to the LNB outside.

The second option is to use a multifeed on your dish for 2 LNBs. This system will allow you to recieve Astra 19,2 & Astra 28,2, i.e. both English & German TV.

1. Point the dish too Astra 19,2(in the direction of 90-100% of the dishes in your area).
2. When you can get German TV without a problem then back to the dish & fasten all you need too.
3. As you stand infront of the dish bend the left side of the multifeed holder about 1cm upwards.
4. Place the second LNB on the multifeed & push it towards the fixed LNB, when you are about 6-7 cms away you will be in the right area. 5.Then its over to fine tuning which i find can be done wonderfully if you buy a small sat finder in your local sat store. e.g. Media Markt, Saturn or even better Conrad(the sales people know what they are talking about & very helpful).
For this option you will need 2 x LNBs, a dish min. 85cm,coax cable, 4 f-connectors, 2 x insulation caps, 1 x multifeed system for your dish, 1 x multiswitch 2 in 1 out(for a one reciever option) & a reciever that has DiSEqC 1.0
Hope this is of some help & have fun setting everything up!!

Top o' the mornin t' ya Irishmale,

Just wanted to thank u for this post, it has inspired me to continue with proposed plans to setup a Sat system to receive both freeview English and German channels. I thought I was going to have to invest in a motorized unit.. I'm Irish and living in Bochum, just down the A40!
I have a few more questions I'm sure you could help me with but won't bother you with them now! Hope you see this post, didn't know how to send u a message.. ah well, I am new here after all!

Thanks

Steve :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
My setup is a Digibox with a 90 permanent dish for the UK stuff, and a motor with a Dreambox for the rest. it has the advantage that the wife can use the digibox anytime without complications, and when I want to play with stuff or record while watching I can do that as well. A cheap digibox from the UK with a freeview card is quite cheap, and will give you all the EPG.

greenjob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
nrw germany
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, if i use a double LNB will i be able to get both freesat and german sat programs?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Presumably you are talking about the two headed type of lnb?

And the answer is no - the only ones available are 4 or 6 degree seperation. Astra 1 and Astra 2 are 9 degree seperation.

Either get a dish that allows fitting of multiple lnb's or just use two dishes.

greenjob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
nrw germany
Thanks for the quick reply, guess i`ll have to use 2 LNBs

Good to know that you guys can help a :-newb

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
greenjob said:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, if i use a double LNB will i be able to get both freesat and german sat programs?

No, as one does not exist.

Apart from that, you have given insufficient information to deduce whether it is possible with your existing dish and 2 separate lnbs.

I.e your location, your existing dish size, andwhat satellite is your dish currently focussed on???

greenjob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
nrw germany
Hi,
I dont have a setup yet, at he momment i live in Düsseldorf Germany, but have just baught a house in Erkelenz,

I´ve ordered a Foxsat box from Humex, and am waiting or it to arrive.

The dish on the house is 80cm, so can i put 2 LNBs on it?
If yes, can anyone tell me how i should possision them.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes you should be able to. But first get the 28E one working on the focal LNB as that will be the critical one for 2D in your area.

Another LNB can then be put on for 19.2E perhaps.

standing behing dish, looking at the sky, the 19.2E LNB would be to the left and a bit lower.

greenjob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
nrw germany
WOWWWWW

That was quick :-)

Thanks Robbo,

At least the wife will be happy that she does`nt have to watch English TV all the time)(-red

Reaction score
Hey guys,
did everything like explained and managed to get several english tv channels which are mainly music channels but I still cant receive BBC, ITV, Channel 5, etc.. Those channels come up as Pay TV channels. Is it because I have only got a cheap receiver?
Please get back soon as my wife is getting frustated with watching german TV.
Ta guys
Lars

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well we cant help as you havent posted which town you are in - Astra 2D signal strength nosedives eastwards across Germany.

You havent posted your current dish size either.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Which English music channels are you getting?

They may be English speaking but they equally might not be ones from 28E meaning that you're pointing the dish at the wrong satellite (the usual wrong one is Astra 19E).

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Well we cant help as you havent posted which town you are in - Astra 2D signal strength nosedives eastwards across Germany.

You havent posted your current dish size either.

Hi i have the satalite at 28.2 degree angle i am getting the channels and programe information but shows pay per view.

The dish is 80cm and we live in north germany near hamburg.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
How do you know?

Please list half a dozen Channels that you can see/hear.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Yes, we need to know what channels you ARE getting.

The 28E satellite is only at 28E with respect to zero meridian going through Greenwich. If you have set an angle to 28 somewhere thaen I can virtually guarantee that you are not on the right satellite.

Once we know what town you are in we can use Dishpointer to find out the settings for your satellite dish to be set to, although in practice once you have found a satellite (and we know which one it is) we can then tell you how much, and in what direction(s), to alter.

Reaction score
greatest hits,
movies for men
bbc news
tiny pop
cctv news

itv and channel 5 no sound or vision just information