Help needed in Frome

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The dish is aligned properly but we still couldn't get the Blade 5000 to move the dish reliably. When I went into settings and forced it to go to a satellite, it moved no problem with 'dish moving' displayed. But when switching satellites from the channel list, it doesn't even try moving it... No 'dish moving' is displayed. I have hunch that it's a bug...unless we didn't set up something properly but I couldn't see anything wrong with the settings.

We set up an old Dreambox 500s and that moved the dish fine between satellites, so I blame the Blade receiver than anything else. Both receivers were set for USALS mode.

BaronS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.9m dish, Technomate TM2600 Super motor, Blade BM5000S receiver.
My Location
Frome
Still trying to find somebody with the same problem, no luck yet. I'm about to update the receiver with the latest firmware.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Good to see youre up and running in a fashion.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Same thing happens with my Skybox F3 (*2).

Sometimes the only way to kick-start the Motor (And the same applies to my 80cm motorised dish and my 1.1m motorised dish) is to select a target Channel of the opposite Polarity to the one first tried. Works every time.

Once it has moved once, it then happily does what it's told.

I originally put it down to a marginally rated Power Supply when it behaved like this with the 1.1m, but I later noticed the far less heavily loaded 80cm did the same.

I also recall it hasn't been consistent and that earlier Firmware seemed to be fine.

So I'm with CJ and think it might be a bug.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Tivu, does it even try moving it or doesn't bother? This is such a basic functionality that it's unforgivable that so many receivers have problems with motors. Clearly the manufacturers' QA depts are useless, if they exist at all....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, doesn't shift at all in the first instance.

I wonder if the kernel of the Firmware for a great many modern Receivers is actually identical? Then each model/variant has a few bells & whistles built around the kernel.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Probably. Which is even less forgivable....

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Same thing happens with my Skybox F3 (*2).

Sometimes the only way to kick-start the Motor (And the same applies to my 80cm motorised dish and my 1.1m motorised dish) is to select a target Channel of the opposite Polarity to the one first tried. Works every time.

Once it has moved once, it then happily does what it's told.

I originally put it down to a marginally rated Power Supply when it behaved like this with the 1.1m, but I later noticed the far less heavily loaded 80cm did the same.

I also recall it hasn't been consistent and that earlier Firmware seemed to be fine.

So I'm with CJ and think it might be a bug.
My motor is on coax probably the best part of 30 metres yet i havent had this problem....yet.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Absolutely, PDP: Which is one of the reasons why I changed my initial view about it being related to inadequate current sourcing and now think it might be a bug in certain releases of the Firmware.

My Skyboxes are cloned to each other and behave in the same fashion, yet drive different systems.

And, as stated, I don't recall this being a problem with the OEM Firmware at the time of purchase - It seems to have crept in later.

I do have all previous Firmware versions to hand, but can't really be bothered to trawl through and pin the issue down - happy to live with it. Well, happyish!