Reaction score
Website
www.independentliving.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Elap motorised satellite dish and digital receiver disecq 1.2
My Location
Normandy, France
Hello

Got fantastically helpful responses here from multiple people on my last enquiry, about setting up multiple TV/set-top box/satellite arrangements. Hopefully someone will know the answer to this one, too!

I now have both TVs working with twin LNB and disecq switch to go between Astra 19.2 and 28.2. As I've proceeded, I have discovered that main French channels are only available with a card. I have the appropriate TNTSat card, and there is a hole at the front of my main set-top box (Humax FoxSat), but apparently I need something called a CI module to put the two together...

I have emailed Humax, but they don't seem to do communications with customers! Can anyone tell me what spec CI Module I need to go with this box and card? Can I buy from the normal places, like BF Sat, HD Line, etc?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I don't think (but I could be wrong) TNTSat cards work with anything other than official receivers and Cristol Atlas HD ones. It might work in some CI+ CAMs but I am not convinced.

Reaction score
Website
www.independentliving.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Elap motorised satellite dish and digital receiver disecq 1.2
My Location
Normandy, France
Captain Jack said:
I don't think (but I could be wrong) TNTSat cards work with anything other than official receivers and Cristol Atlas HD ones. It might work in some CI+ CAMs but I am not convinced.
Oh no! The box that the card came with is cheap and cheerful, and I wanted it for use with the secondary TV. The Humax FoxSat is much better – happy to switch between 2 satellites; finds all the channels that are there without problems; built-in hard drive, etc. In my naivete (having discovered that "freely available" French TV channels are actually encrypted, and only accessible with a card) I assumed that said card would work in any box that had a slot, provided you had a CI module?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Captain Jack said:
I thought the TNTSat cards worked in Dreambox type receivers with the correct soft cam but wont open the HD channels?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
TNTSat is essentially Viaccess but the Frenchies add another key to the equation, which is only within official TNTSat receivers.

Dreambox type ones work when the key is known - at the moment, it isn't.