Help please with LNB and three cables?

annjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4 dish Humax
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain
newbi hi All. Would like some help please just got new twin LMB but now need one more cable for anther TVwhich as built in sat,is it Posable to put a splitter in one of the two cables and run cable number three to the other tv?and if so which cable number one or two these go to my Humax foxsat.
Hope this is in right place!.
PS:If it will work which splitter please.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
An lnb is an active device controlled by voltage and a a 22khz tone. You cant easily split a feeed UNLESS the secondary feed will never be used when the primary is being used.

If there is any chance of someone trying to watch the darts whilst the rest of the family is trying to watch a movie then replace the lnb with a quad output. Quads are cheap as chips these days from your favourite on line dealer / shop.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Best to upgrade to a quad LNb. Save a lot of messing about as you may end up replacing anyway some time in the future.

A

archive10

yes, but the Original Poster woould need a third cable running from the LNB to the new TV.
This may be difficult to install.
Alternative is to use the foxsat with just one cable, and the TV on the other.
This is something you configure at setup.
The foxsat will support watching and recording from the same mux (e.g. watch BBC1 while recording BBC2), but not on different muxes (watch ITV1, can't record from BBCx).
Best solution is to have more cables, and getting a quad LNB.

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
Wouldn't just a 4x1 diseqc do the trick?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Wouldn't just a 4x1 diseqc do the trick?
No, that's when you want to share one receiver with multiple dishes. In this case one dish is to be shared with multiple receivers.

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
A

archive10

While the Dish products are all "shrouded" in marketing, and probably only works well with Dish Network products, it looks very much like a Unicable (or SatCR if you like) solution.
Unfortunately, the OPs equipment does not support this technology, so additional boxes and LNBs would be required. Possible, but maybe not as pragtmatic as, say, running a third cable (cumbersome), or using a stacker (costly).

annjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4 dish Humax
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain
Thanks for some info,some I undrestand some not -I also have a Invacom QTH-031 I got this by mistake and could not send it back can I use this at all?and have say 4 cables to two Humax sat boxes so what do I need and How would I need to set it up ?IE. Which cables to which box?.OR would it be better just to buy anther New 4 LMB!.thanks for all the help.
John in Spain

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Put very simply you need one cable per tuner. So a pvr box has 2 tuners and needs 2 cables. The new freesat telly mentioned in the first post probably has one tuner, so needs one cable. If you intend to put more receivers in more rooms then add in the appropriate number of tuners you may need.

You can get up to 8 port (octo) lnb's fairly cheaply - it would be unusual (but not unheard of) to need more than 8 outputs for an average sized home.