Help to receive channels from Astra 28.2E and Eurobird 9E

jaig78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a bush freesat hd with dish pointing towards sky satellites
My Location
Essex
Hello there,
I am a newbie trying to figure out if there's a way of setting up my Bush HD Freesat receiver to receive signals from both Astra 28.2E and Eurobird 9E at the same time.
I have a sky dish thats picking up all the freesat channels and its all working very well at the moment. I am also able to manual tune to receive other non-freesat channels from Astra 28.2 and horbird 1 at 28.5E.
I connected my freesat box to a Eurobird 9E dish at a friends place and I was able to pick up non-freesat channels with that using manual tuning. That has given me confidence in setting up another (if required) dish at my flat and receive channels from both these satellites.
My questions are;
1) can I have a single dish and position it to receive signals from both satellites and have a single LNB in to my freesat box?
2) Will I need two seperate dishes? If so, will i need another receiver to get it connected to the Eurobird dish, or can I use the same freesat box and combine the LNB inputs and connect it. My freesat box has only one LNB in.
3) If the only option is to have a motorised dish, can i use that dish with my Bush HD freesat box and control the dish alignment just by changing the channels?
I would greatly appreciate if anyone can advice me on how to go about.

Cheers

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
The best thing to do is to instal another Dish facing 9E and 'combine' the two signals by means of Diseqc Switch and come down with a single coax to your Box. Choice of Satellites will be done by the Diseqc commands from the Box.

jaig78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks for your reply Zorbua. I will get the dish installed and give it a on my freesat box. My next step is to get a dreambox installed and try to get more channels. I hope I will be able to get some good advice in getting through to that stage.
cheers.

jaig78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I found this switch on ebay, will this one do the job.

-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLOBAL-DiSEqC-2-Way-Satellite-LNB-Switch-Free-P-P-/200368154391?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2ea6df6717

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Yes that will be just fine.

jaig78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I just now spoke to an installer and he was doubting if the Bush BFSAT01HD freesat box is capable of diseqc switching? If its not then I would need a new receiver. I tried to look it up , but in vain. Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks in advance.