Help with 4 feed DiSEqC switch with Gemini v4.4 image

son_t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
here
I've installed the latest Gemini v4.4 image on my DM500S, but can not get it working with my 4 feed DiSEqC switch.

I have 4 feeds, from 19E, 13E, 28E and 23E satellites into a 4 way DiSEqC switch. Everything is working OK with this when I connect the switch to my Humax FOXSAT-HD and run in STB mode - I can scan all feeds and get the right channels - with DiSEqC switch on A, B, C, and D.

A: 19E, B: 13E, C: 28E, and D: 23E

On the DM500S, I have chosen the four satellite configuration option with A/B and Option, giving me AA, AB, BA, and BB combinations but can't seem to locate the right channels on the right satellite. I seem only to be able to get the 19E feed... the others give the wrong channels or 'no valid transponder can be found'.

Can someone help me here? Is there something wrong with the 'providers' file, or is this 4 feed DiSEqC switch not supported? Any other ideas?

Any help appreciated!

son_t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
here
I installed the v4.3 Gemini image last night. Setup box in the same way and this time it could detect all 4 feeds, but lots of channels are missing from 28E and none are fould with 13E...

I will try an even older release of Gemini and check my 13E LNB...

I don't know what is going on here... is the DM not as sensitive as the FOXSAT at detecting channels?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The Dreambox tuner is known for being poor. Is the dish alignment perfect?

son_t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
here
Thanks for the reply.

I checked the feeds directly from the LNBs using a very expensive meter... all seems well there. I then checked using the other end (into the DM500S) and got some really weird results...

So I think it might be the 4-way DiSEqC switch. I will have to check that out later... I will let you all know ;)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Sorry can't be of more help but I don't use a switch. There may be a few older posts turned up with search if you haven't already looked.

chapdis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My System: Digital satellite receiver Ferguson Ariva 250 from 1 fixed dish (13E/19E/28E), Dish Visiosat SMC100. Diseqc switch 4in1. TNTSAT card
My Location
south of France
I have the same problem.
3 sat 3 lnb 1 diseqc sw 4 in 1

any help appreciated

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I had similar problems with my DB7020 with various disecq switches a while back. I cant give you an exact explanation, but it seemed one particular lnb "trapped" the switch and refused to let go of it. Therefore when you switched satellites I got the dreaded "no signal" The only way around it for me at the time was to switch off and restart the box, setting the startup channel onto one of the unaffected lnb's. The switch wasnt at fault - an lnb swap sorted it out for me..

It might be worth swapping the lnb's around to see if you have a similar problem.

Ive seen this odd behaviour with a couple of lnb's (different manufacturers) now so its not unique, but Ive never been able to find a reason why it was happening.

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Analoguesat said:
I had similar problems with my DB7020 with various disecq switches a while back. I cant give you an exact explanation, but it seemed one particular lnb "trapped" the switch and refused to let go of it. Therefore when you switched satellites I got the dreaded "no signal" The only way around it for me at the time was to switch off and restart the box, setting the startup channel onto one of the unaffected lnb's. The switch wasnt at fault - an lnb swap sorted it out for me..

It might be worth swapping the lnb's around to see if you have a similar problem.

Ive seen this odd behaviour with a couple of lnb's (different manufacturers) now so its not unique, but Ive never been able to find a reason why it was happening.

Did you ever find out how to solve it, other than replacing lnbs? I have the same problem running 500s with the Philips-tuner and gemini 2, 4-1 disecq oem manufactured labeled "Biltema" that had good reviews at scandinavian dreambox forums, various lnbs. I am always able disable the "trap" by entering and exiting the manual transponder scan menu.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
battenfan said:
Did you ever find out how to solve it, other than replacing lnbs? I have the same problem running 500s with the Philips-tuner and gemini 2, 4-1 disecq oem manufactured labeled "Biltema" that had good reviews at scandinavian dreambox forums, various lnbs. I am always able disable the "trap" by entering and exiting the manual transponder scan menu.

I still have the problem but if I get a no signal this is what I do now.

Do a manual tp search on the frequency where you get the no signal and let it scan for a couple of seconds then press exit a few times until you get back to the normal viewing screen. It will look like theres no signal but this works every time for my 7020 and the offending channel pops up no problem.

Unfortunately as far as I can see the only fix is to keep swapping the troublesome lnb(s) until the problem goes away!