Help Required how to set dish to receive signals from two satellites at a time?

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Hi!
I want to receive signals from two satellites with one 4 ft dish at a time. Now position of dish is at "Asiasat 7", angle of Azimuth is 131 degree and angle of Elevation is 35 degree. Now I want to receive signals from "Insat 4B" with another ku-band lnb, angle of Azimuth is 146 degree and angle of Elevation is 45 degree. Please tell me how can I do this? Plz help.....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Reasonably simple, assuming the second satellite is putting sufficient signal into your area.

You need an offset lnb, a 2 way disecq switch and a receiver that supports multi satellite switching. If you are using a proprietary receiver that is crippled to just only use 1 service you probably cant do what you want without buying another receiver..

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Checking lyngsat.com, I find Asiasat 7 is at 105.5E, and Insat B is at 93.5B, you can either fit a motor, to the dish, or a second LNB, cable, and Diseqc switch, to allow you to receive both satellites at the same time.
Beaten to it, by Analoguesat, while trying to find out where the satellites were located.

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Checking lyngsat.com, I find Asiasat 7 is at 105.5E, and Insat B is at 93.5B, you can either fit a motor, to the dish, or a second LNB, cable, and Diseqc switch, to allow you to receive both satellites at the same time.
Beaten to it, by Analoguesat, while trying to find out where the satellites were located.

Thanks,

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Reasonably simple, assuming the second satellite is putting sufficient signal into your area.

You need an offset lnb, a 2 way disecq switch and a receiver that supports multi satellite switching. If you are using a proprietary receiver that is crippled to just only use 1 service you probably cant do what you want without buying another receiver..

Thanks for your help,
My receiver Supports multi satellite switching. I just want to know that on which angle I set the dish to receive both?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
To begin with leave the dish alone and just rig an offset lnb to see if the signal strength is high enough to allow this to work.

Here in Europe we cant help you with this - the Indian satellites are below our eastern horizon so we have no experience of signal levels.

If received signal is too low you may have to rig the dish midway between the wanted signals & have both lnb's offset.

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
To begin with leave the dish alone and just rig an offset lnb to see if the signal strength is high enough to allow this to work.

Here in Europe we cant help you with this - the Indian satellites are below our eastern horizon so we have no experience of signal levels.

If received signal is too low you may have to rig the dish midway between the wanted signals & have both lnb's offset.

what do you mean by offset lnb?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
One LNB to the side of the first LNB, placed to receive the second satellite.
Which satellite is your dish currently pointing at?

Attachments

• 10.lnb holdel.JPG
    10.lnb holdel.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 202

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
One LNB to the side of the first LNB, placed to receive the second satellite.
Which satellite is your dish currently pointing at?

At Asiasat 7(105.5 degree East)

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
At Asiasat 7(105.5 degree East)
Then place your second Offset Lnb to the right of your middle LNB (when facing your Dish) on a curved Bracket.
You have to play around the position of the 2nd LNB on the bracket until you get it right with max signal. Coverage about 12 degrs from middle Lnb. Quite a bit.

Irfan Ashraf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 7
My Location
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Then place your second Offset Lnb to the right of your middle LNB (when facing your Dish) on a curved Bracket.
You have to play around the position of the 2nd LNB on the bracket until you get it right with max signal. Coverage about 12 degrs from middle Lnb. Quite a bit.

Thanks, I think it may helps....