HTPC SKY HD UK working!! Also Viewing card has been out of my SKY BOX for months!!

aurelien33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ box (old amstrad), Pentium 2,4 GHz, 2Go RAM, 2To HDD
My Location
France (unfortunatelly)
Hi guys,

Used to live in London, but now back in France and miss my sky channels too much. As you can see in description i have an old amstrad sky+ box that i drove back down here and plug into an old dish. works fine and allow me to get the free channels available without any card for sky (coz can't have a contract running as i'm no longer in UK).
Problem is my family complains coz i'm watcing "my english tv" on the main tv.
So idea would be to watch those free sky channels straight from my computer using a sat card receiver plugging the dish straight in.
I have no idea of what i need to do that, do i need a special DVB sat card type as is free channels from sky+ box ?

I know is an old topic but if somebody can give me some clues or explain me what i need and to do would be great.

Thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi, welcome to the forum. Any DVB-S pci card will allow you to receive the FTA channels. You just need a spare pci slot in your PC and you're ready to go. The Technisat Skystar2 is a popular choice, but there are many you could also choose from, TPS, Compro Videomate amongst others.

aurelien33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ box (old amstrad), Pentium 2,4 GHz, 2Go RAM, 2To HDD
My Location
France (unfortunatelly)
Llew said:
Hi, welcome to the forum. Any DVB-S pci card will allow you to receive the FTA channels. You just need a spare pci slot in your PC and you're ready to go. The Technisat Skystar2 is a popular choice, but there are many you could also choose from, TPS, Compro Videomate amongst others.

Thanks for your answer. Will have a look tomorrow about a good one, maybe could find one with dual tuner so can record one channel while i'm wactching an other one like my old Sky+ did in UK.