Humax HDR & DISEQC problems

ndcoxhead

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m dish, Smart switch (2x4 inputs, 16 outputs), Humax FaxSat HDR
My Location
Bützow, N.Germany
I have a 8 output multiswitch connected to 2 dishes, 28.8 and 19.2.
I have been using the Humax HDR connected by just one cable, and of course I noticed the restrictions tuning in to > 1 channel.
So I plugged in another outlet (a long cable from a socket in another room) to the second input and changed the number of feeds in the advanced menu.
That didn't work out so well (still didn't tune >1 channel) so I did a factory reset, lost all my channels, schedules and settings, and tuned in Freesat again via the wizard. It found 2 feeds but I noticed it thought they were the same feed, which sounds to me like connecting a loopthrough from the 1st LNB input.
Anyway, it could then tune in to >1 channel so at least that seemed to work. I'm not even sure that I needed a seperate cable, would it have been the same having a loopthrough ? Because my system uses a diseqc switcher does that mean it should be able to tune in to multiple channels ?
I was also confused when I tried to re-tune the 19.2 channels, there is an 'option' on the menus for tuner 1 & tuner 2. I'm not sure what significance that holds. But when I did a channel search on 19.2 it just came up with all the 28.8 channels instead, and so I was not able to find the German channels at all. Bummer.

Anyone help me with all that stuff ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

I don't have a Humax HDR, but if your multiswitch is connected up properly? then :-

theoretically you only need to use one cable from the switch to each tuner.

The satellite that you want to view will be selected with Diseqc 1.0 by chosing for example

A/A or 1 for astra 28e
A/B or 2 for 19E

( or whichever way round you have them)

The HDR has two tuners, so it will need to be set for both tuners presumably, with one feed from the multiswitch to each, thus the significance of the 'tuner 1 and tuner 2)