Install happening this week! :)

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
I paid £140.

What was the payment form cash, visa, cheque etc.

You might have a claim for shoddy workmanship.

But do check 7.0w to see if tracking the arc.

Regards

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
I've already scanned in 7.3w. I have a 1m Gibby dish with Inverto Black LNB. I'll be looking at 7.3w this afternoon when I have a flick around :). Paid in cash btw.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You should get decent results from Eutelsat 7WA frequencies with that dish, hopefully.

Nothing from the Nilesat frequencies, though.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Tried Nilesat. Nothing!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^^^

You want the Eutelsat 7WA TPs: As mentioned above, you won't get anything off the remaining Nilesat TPs.

Hang on a minute and I'll tell you which is the strongest TP here.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok

Try 10719 V 22000

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
You could also try this, as it seems to be my best result :

screenshot.jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
At a later date I am going to call in someone else to sort this. There are things here that I am not truly happy with. Some courses of brick are hidden behind facia. Not a bum deal - but could have had a better one. Your opinions are welcome!!

The install doesn't look too bad, the height of metal above the brackets means that the dish could be raised a tad just in case there is another satellite at the end of the arc to view.
The T and K brackets used are the shortest I've seen and these should cope with the pole used, and it looks like the proper scaffold stuff, which is about the best for this system.
The cable can be pulled back slightly from the LNB clamp end as there appears to be enough in the drip loop.

Post a couple of images of the dish side on, it may be possible to determine if there is a small warp in the reflector surface that is draining the overall signal. The LNB is also at the extreme of the clamp, fine if the dish was peaked before locking up, but I would have expected optimum signal with it about 25-75% of the way.

What else are you not happy with, apart from the lack of 7W ?

Last edited:

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
It's the fact there is no washers on the bolts in the bottom bracket. Or in the bottom one in the K bracket. Improvements could have been made on this install. I know it! BTW I am getting 7W. I could have done better. I also would have used my meter and not the TV type Satlink one. Nothing wrong with them, I have one. But sometimes you need something better. :)

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Next up:

4W

Do not Blind Scan as you'll get 5W!

Try 10806 V 30000 (TA3) and take it from there.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
The install doesn't look too bad

i disagree personally m8... looks like a job done by an enthusiast helping a m8 out for the price of a drink and not a professional who does it day in, day out for a living. any installer worth his salt does the best possible job with the equipment provided and he should be ashamed charging £140 for the job done imo

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
i disagree personally m8... looks like a job done by an enthusiast
Totally disagree. A professional does it for a job and tries to complete the job as quick as possible. On the other hand an enthusiast has plenty of time to faff around getting things "perfect".

he should be ashamed charging £140
Can't see anything wrong with charging that. These days that barely buys a shopping trolley full of groceries. And he has to pay tax, SS, and goodness knows what other expense out of it.

Last edited:

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
Totally disagree. A professional does it for a job and tries to complete the job as quick as possible. On the other hand an enthusiast has plenty of time to faff around getting things "perfect".

i understand the speed element but that still doesnt excuse shoddy workmanship and i standby what i said, the installer should be ashamed

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
OK - but skimping on the washers? Lazy or just doesn't care?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
OK - but skimping on the washers? Lazy or just doesn't care?
Well I already said that above. Maybe he ran out. And it's not washers (plural), it is one washer. As far as I can see that is the only obvious oversight in this install.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Pity it was a cash job.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Well I already said that above. Maybe he ran out. And it's not washers (plural), it is one washer. As far as I can see that is the only obvious oversight in this install.
"skimping on washer" wouldn't sound right :) Anyway 2 missing at the bottom, 1 at the top = 3. And that's just what we can see - it doesn't breed confidence. If what we can see if visibly lacking, who knows what lurks beneath the surface? Maybe he didn't have enough bolts of the right length/diameter either....

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
i understand the speed element but that still doesnt excuse shoddy workmanship and i standby what i said, the installer should be ashamed

That's the thing: The key element is Quality.

When all's said and done, Tony does appear to be getting performance commensurate with the size of dish and his location (from what we've had reported to us so far), but of course time will tell how robust the installation is.

And there, at least, hobby installations have the clear advantage of instant fault rectification/re-alignment etc. if the owner/user did the original work themselves.

How many of us have had to spend literally minutes re-aligning after high winds have revealed mechanical integrity flaws!