Intelsat 907

marcoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
Can i pick up Intelsat 907 27.5 w from spain using a firststrike fs1 meter, will i need a spectrum analyser. Thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
Providing its programmed into the meter you should be able to find that Satellite without too many issues. Its just a case of point and wait for the beep and then fine tune it using the display.

Nano

marcoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
Can i pick up Intelsat 907 27.5 w from spain using a firststrike fs1 meter, will i need a spectrum analyser. Thanks
Providing its programmed into the meter you should be able to find that Satellite without too many issues. Its just a case of point and wait for the beep and then fine tune it using the display.

Nano[/QUOTE

Ok thanks. Do you know if all the channels are biss encoded or is the one free i.e for a test? Thanks marc

Last edited by a moderator:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All encrypted.

No need for test channels - they arent for public consumption.

marcoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
All encrypted.

No need for test channels - they arent for public consumption.
At the moment here in spain everybody is buying biss encoded boxes and picking up the signal. Thats why i was asking. Can they tell if people are picking up their satellite, they only have to look on the expat forums. Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Arqiva the multiplex operator are well aware on what is going on re 27.5W.

Dont expect the channels to stay available long term.

marcoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
So as i respect your opinion, is it worth people spending money on a biss encoded box, set up and box fees here are 350 euros. How long would you estimate it would last before they do something? Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Blimey someone is making serious money from this - and no doubt they charge you again when the keys change - which has been happening more frequently recently.

Now 27.5W reception has gone mainstream in southern Europe its only a matter of time before Arqiva either change the encryption to summat more secure or change the keys every few days.

Its up to you if you want to throw money at whast could last just a few days or weeks, but if you are prepared to read around it can be done a LOT cheaper than what these rip-off merchants are charging.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Its up to you if you want to throw money at whast could last just a few days or weeks, but if you are prepared to read around it can be done a LOT cheaper than what these rip-off merchants are charging.

Yup with an el-cheapo box and the right reading materials you should be able to receive those channels, the major headache for the average viewer is aligning the dish, if you can master that on your own you can buy a HD box that can take BISS keys and be up and running for less than £80 (maximum) and a few hours trial and error

TBH I personally think they're either gonna start to use Power-Vu or locate to another bird that's not an easy catch outside the target area (it all depends on if it's cheaper to rent space elsewhere and re-align the receiving dishes/pay a get out fee for the bird they're contracted to now or if its cheaper to buy a Power-Vu licence), it's a safer option than changing the keys every few days with the potential to disrupt millions of viewers if something goes wrong when they keep rolling the keys