Advice Needed Lenson Heath 1.5 mtr dish ??

Great: How's 2E coming in? ;)
 
Great: How's 2E coming in? ;)
...all in good time mate ..
As you can see I'm currently after antipodean polar orbiting satellites ...
Problem is ..the Earth getting in the way again..
;)
 
He should be OK. Though he' s done well to secure a 1.5m dish for Manchester's rainfall margin.
 
He should be OK. Though he' s done well to secure a 1.5m dish for Manchester's rainfall margin.
..Now normally I'd say the amount of rainfall we get justifies a large margin ..
Strangely ..'dem darrn Sarrrf are beating us hands down ..
..and for once I'm not upset at that...though I DO sympathise.
 
Just time for one quick Pic ..taken in the rain ..having just fitted the tripod ..
Also in the rain ..so not the best photo.
But then ..I am so very impatient..
I feel I NEED to keep doing ..
off to watch the launch now ..get dry and have a cuppa ..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0071.webp
    DSCF0071.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 64
Looking forward to reception reports! What will your arc be? Have you checked Christina's performance to see if it's blocking anything yet?
 
A lousey start to my day ..
Finally got Carl pointing at 0.8W BBC news ..
Much tweaking later ..it is maxed out atm at 13db ..with a black ultra at the focus..
Now I am worried it was all a waste of time ..
I wasn't expecting miracles but was expecting equivalent numbers to the gibby 1.25 ...but this is lower by approx 2db ..
The dish doesn't look damaged or distorted...just deaf ??
Granted The tripod may have some room for improvement ..but I'm getting that sick feeling ..
after all my hard work I expected better.
Next step I guess is to release the lnb and attach to a meter and float it manually around the 'presumed' focus to see if there is an error.
Failing that ..this project WILL be scrapped...and I'll resume saving for a gibby.

Absolutely gutted..
cest la vie
 
I'm sure the setback will prove to be temporary, Evan.
 
Unlike.... Where's BBC World News now? I only have it on 10778H and that's only giving me 10.4dB as read on Vu+ Uno...
 
Had a look at my TP list and the old frequency is 11862H, which is giving me no signal at all....

I can't connect to my Dr HD F15/Fibo 120 location for some reason so the 10778H is on the 1.2m Channel Master
 
Unlike.... Where's BBC World News now? I only have it on 10778H and that's only giving me 10.4dB as read on Vu+ Uno...
Thanks CJ ..you just made me feel a little better ..
Perhaps I was comparing to the OLD world news frequency signal level ?
Which was higher ..
Could you give me a couple more fta transponders and sig levels at 0.8W ..for comparison ..and the dish size used ?
preferably 1 x H loband 1xV loband ..and one of each Hi band..
cheers buddy
 
Thanks CJ ..you just made me feel a little better ..
Perhaps I was comparing to the OLD world news frequency signal level ?
Which was higher ..
Could you give me a couple more fta transponders and sig levels at 0.8W ..for comparison ..and the dish size used ?
preferably 1 x H loband 1xV loband ..and one of each Hi band..
cheers buddy
I'm sticking at 1W for the moment as I don't want to move the motor until things are locked up ..
Thus avoiding twist and damage.
Stoopid me ..I should have taking sig levels on few 0.8W transponders _before_ dismantling Neil..
Impatient as usual ..
Will I EVER learn..
 
Last edited:
Yes, the old one was giving me around 18.1dB at its peak on the Fibo as read on F15.

OK, so this is on 1.2m Channel Master connected to Vu+ Uno. Don't take these dB readings as gospel as the F15 reports different dBs on the same dish/LNB set up.

BBC World News - 10778H: 10.81 dB
Telenor Promo - 11247V: 13.74 dB
Mooz Dance - 12092H: 15.01 dB
Credo TV - 12456V: 15.66 dB

Hope you beat these!
 
Yes, the old one was giving me around 18.1dB at its peak on the Fibo as read on F15.

OK, so this is on 1.2m Channel Master connected to Vu+ Uno. Don't take these dB readings as gospel as the F15 reports different dBs on the same dish/LNB set up.

BBC World News - 10778H: 10.81 dB
Telenor Promo - 11247V: 13.74 dB
Mooz Dance - 12092H: 15.01 dB
Credo TV - 12456V: 15.66 dB

Hope you beat these!
Cheers Alex ..
Got to go open the shop shortly ..but may have time to check them ..
I'll report back later
 
levels read on the TBS card ..
10778H 13db
12092H 8.6db
11247V 12.5db
12456V 9.9db

I can't explain this ..
BBC news 10778 is 2db higher ..but all the rest are lower ..by a good margin ..??

lnb perhaps ..poor feed illumination ?
geographical location ?

I simply dont get it ...
 
Anyone close to my area (Manchester) with 1.2m dish or 1.5m ..
could you perform the same tests please ..?
rgds
VS
 
That's very odd indeed. I wouldn't have thought our location difference would give such a huge margin. I am guessing either the dish is knackered, the LNB isn't at focus (did the dish have its own feedhorn at some point?) or simply not aligned properly.
 
Anyone close to my area (Manchester) with 1.2m dish or 1.5m ..
could you perform the same tests please ..?
rgds
VS
I am in Sheffield and can test vipersan if you could connect your skybox up so we are both using more/less the same box.
 
levels read on the TBS card ..
10778H 13db
12092H 8.6db
11247V 12.5db
12456V 9.9db

I can't explain this ..
BBC news 10778 is 2db higher ..but all the rest are lower ..by a good margin ..??

lnb perhaps ..poor feed illumination ?
geographical location ?

I simply dont get it ...
This is what I get with the skybox vipersan.
DSCN5540.webp DSCN5541.webp DSCN5542.webp DSCN5543.webp
 
levels read on the TBS card ..
10778H 13db
12092H 8.6db
11247V 12.5db
12456V 9.9db

I can't explain this ..
BBC news 10778 is 2db higher ..but all the rest are lower ..by a good margin ..??

lnb perhaps ..poor feed illumination ?
geographical location ?

I simply dont get it ...


Hi VS


you know where i am LOL anyway

10778 H 13.9db
12092 H 14.9db
11247 V 14.8db
12456 V 15.5db

test done on TBS 6925 card connected directly to Black Ultra Twin on Gibby 1.25m

Just to let you know i have had some faulty Black Ultra singles in the last few months with very similar wild readings

Regards
 
Back
Top